Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest MN/WI

Oh wow, didnt you just make a pretty big move up? Good luck to you, what are your plans now?
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by Val Da Car View Post
    Well, on a personal note, I gave notice at work on July 2 and spent the past two weeks training 3 ppl to do my job.

Now I am free and after 7 yrs at the same place, I am setting my sails on my future and 18 hr days are over...

I missed the Wave 3 (again) but this time I did get some of the New Stormies.

Hey way to go. I know the feeling. I jumped ship from my old job of 8 year 7 Months back at the end of July for a job that's less stressful, constant work and closer to home.

You'll feel better once you start fresh and congrats on the new big change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist View Post
    Oh wow, didnt you just make a pretty big move up? Good luck to you, what are your plans now?
    Well, I started to support the Top 10 Executives at work (at the office, their homes and at offsite meetings) but after a while my manager and director did not communicate or support the work I did for them (as defined by the terms of the contract that was signed two years ago).

I am moving to a smaller IT Service company (private held) and I have know the two principle owners since 1993. Fortunately I do know what I am getting into and with whom.

On a positive note at my going away gathering the CIO and Sr VP of Legal both showed up. I guess that and the 30 other ppl really did let me know of the positive impact I had at the office.

I will miss the people but not the politics.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Ep2 Clones

So I had some extra time today.....22 AOTC clones later I left a walmart store.

Found 2 cases of Wave 3 at WM by me. and some of the Titanium Pegasus' at Target.

Early B-Day gifts, I guess.

Went into the Superior WM today and what did I find? A fresh case of........Hoth R2. WTF. Looks great next to the case of Endor
    3PO and TAC Obi Wan. There is also 4 shelves of FULL bins of TAC #1 Vaders.......Its really no surprise I have gotten all of my stuff at Target lately.

Im also looking for that Obi/Yoda concept pack, but I would rather not pay 40+ for it.

I think Im going to try and finish my vintage Indy collection before the new movie hype starts and they go up in price even more than they already are. Anybody else in to these?
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo

Thoughts and Prayers

Our Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in the Bridge incident in Minnesota.

Sorry I've been MIA lately.

Still getting used to the new job, busy with misc. items around the house and just basicially being lazy when it comes to surfing the net or responding to emails. Guess I've got net burn out.

I found a 181 interceptor, bought the y-wing from on-line TRU and spent some money on the comic-con exclusives.

Managed to find the latest comic 2 packs and right now I'm just waiting for the next waves to hit the store, but heaven help me, I'm honestly thinking about just buying the sets from online vendor...unless I get a second collecting wind and want to hunt stuff down.

I got a little spooked about the 35W bridge incident. Prior to getting married that was my normal drive home and I would have been on the bridge at that time. Good thing I'm in st. paul now and in the south metro.

Well I'm off to the UP of MI this weekend and maybe I'll find something good.

Hope all it well with you guys and I'll be back later.

Went to WM as they were restocking and there were 3 more pegs filled.....of wave 1.....
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo

Tru

Success at TRU...some UGH's but they aren't my style.
    Wave 4 is arriving.