Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Any PS2 recommendations?

I just won a Playstation 2 and got it in the mail, so I was wondering what games I should get (PS1 or 2) and what accessories are good.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would suggest the following:

Devil May Cry
    Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty
    Final Fantasy X
    Madden 2002
    Grand Theft Auto 3

That is the cream of the crop on PS2 so far

I would highly suggest Midnight Club and Starfighter, those two rock!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Thanks guys. I'm all geared up to get GTA3, that game looks awesome. Is Starfighter really that good? I never played the demo and have been apprehensive about it because it's a lot of made-up stuff (I think), but if it's good...

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

jeditricks,

how did you win a playstation 2?

"starfighter" is o.k. you'll beat the game in a few days and then forget about it. the graphics are good, but it has a "** hum" feeling about it. it's easily forgetable. rent before buying.

i don't give a dang about real world skateboarding, but the tony hawk series is, in my opinion, one of the most fun series i have ever played. the gameplay is awesome and the replay value is tops!

as mentioned above, "grand theft auto 3" is the best game on the system, based on it's awesome replay value. buy without renting.

and one game to avoid like the plague is "agent under fire". don't even rent this one. it just plain sucks.

if you like racing games, "rumble racing" is pretty fun and "nascar heat" is pretty good. stay away from the EA nascar game.

super bombad racing is pretty boring after about 5 minutes, so you may want to bypass this one.

"red faction" is a good game.
    Last edited by derek; 12-25-2001 at 12:53 AM.

A company I do business with asked to have their customer service survey filled out, and it entered me in the contest.

Why is 007 "Agent Under Fire" so bad? I haven't heard jack squat about it yet till now, so I'm a bit surprised.

One thing I am looking for is a lot of play value without having to spend a lot of time so anybody can come over and play this thing and have a lot of fun without having to spend 10 hours on the couch.

jeditricks,

the bad about "agent under fire":

horrible enemy AI
    no challenge to the game play
    you can finish this game in one day and have no desire to ever play it again.(i played goldeneye for over 2 years, by comparision)
    no replay value
    control scheme is bad
    it is not an improvement on past shooters
    limited play area
    everytime you do something almost meaningless, like zap a lock with your watch lazer, the 007 theme starts playing.

the good about "agent under fire":

the graphics
    that's about it.
    Last edited by derek; 12-25-2001 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks derek.

Talking

Goldeneye is greatest Bond game ever, AuF isn't THAT bad, just not great. Starfighter is good, getting all the medals adds to the replay value and the reward is very cool.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

darth evil,

agent under fire is bad mainly beacuse other than the graphics, on a more powerful maching, it isn't an improvement on goldeneye. it seems like the james bond games have been going in reverse since goldeneye, quality-wise. if Rare had this license, as opposed to EA, i'd be happy. the medal of honor series, also by EA is pretty good on the PS1, and the new PC medal of honor plays very well. i guess they think the name james bond will sell units by itself and the extra attention to detail is not necessary.