Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

RotS line could go on a loooooong time....

.....from all reports, EP3 is going to be the most encompassing and epic of all the films (though this doesn't translate to quality - ESB is the best SW film and it's probably the most personal and least epic of them all). Pablo on Hyperspace confirms NINE planets for EP3.....can you imagine how many figs this could translate to??? Not to mention the army builders of clones, wookies, etc. Nine planets worth of figs, man. And this being the last SW movie, what else is Hasbro going to move on to? They just did the OTC, and with no new movie what are they going to make figs for?? I suspect that they will push ROTS line until SW collecting is virtually dead - sure, it might be like Saga where they sprinkle in some other movies, but I'm thinking Hasbro will milk this line for atleast 200 figs and two to three years. After that, Hasbro will probably make an announcement that they are cutting back SW production, and slowly each year we will get less and less figures until it's cancelled indefinately. Imagine the craze amongst collectors when only 7-8 new figs are released every year....those will be some hard to find figs.

But anyway, that's how I think it'll go. ROTS I feel will rank up their with POTF2 in the amount of figs for a single line.

Re: RotS line could go on a loooooong time....

Well, I bet that after a while the ROTS line will be unified with the other movies in the saga, similar to how it worked with POTJ and Saga. I bet the actual ROTS line on the cards we've seen will only last two or three years, but we'll continue to get figures form every movie.

SPOILER ALERT

I don't think that a lot of time will be spent on each new planet, just a few. At the beginning, there will be some scenes to show the Clone Wars encompassing the whole galaxy. Here's a list of planets I know of:
    Kashyyyk
    Naboo
    Tatooine
    Coruscant
    Alderaan (maybe?)
    Uttapu
    weird planet - Aayla Secura fights on
    So there's still a few more . . . I wonder what they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    Well, I bet that after a while the ROTS line will be unified with the other movies in the saga, similar to how it worked with POTJ and Saga. I bet the actual ROTS line on the cards we've seen will only last two or three years, but we'll continue to get figures form every movie.

SPOILER ALERT

I don't think that a lot of time will be spent on each new planet, just a few. At the beginning, there will be some scenes to show the Clone Wars encompassing the whole galaxy. Here's a list of planets I know of:
    Kashyyyk
    Naboo
    Tatooine
    Coruscant
    Alderaan (maybe?)
    Uttapu
    weird planet - Aayla Secura fights on
    So there's still a few more . . . I wonder what they are?

SPOILER

Well, I know that Kashyyyk will get a lot of screen time, and so will Uttapu, and Alderaan is confirmed and so is Yavin. Then there's the "windy" planet, though I don't know what it's called. The absolute craziest spoiler I've heard is a sequence with Yoda and Chewie on Kashyyyk where when the two are caught Yoda smears himself with mud, jumps onto Chewies shoulder, and acts insane and pretends to be his pet (and this includes "farting", another staple of the prequels). I could go on and on about the spoilers so far, but I won't, though the coolest rumbling I've heard is that there is a scene between Mace and Obi, where they converse in a massive Republic Gunship hangar on Yavin. That's going to rock

Please no spoilers in the threads. I start reading the posts and BAM, spoilers in 2 of 3 posts.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I don't think Hasbro will continue the line that long after Episode III. It really depends on retail sales after the film is released. We'll get a ton product in May initially and I'm sure retail sales will be positive at first, but will the numbers last through the summer?

Even if Ep III is well-received it won't guarantee future interest in the toys. If the largest demographic group for the toys - children - move on to the next big blockbuster's merchandise in June or July, then retailers will get stuck with a lot of product (like AOTC, Hulk, & Spidey 2 pegwarmers) and may not order more. Adult collectors can't support the line by ourselves; and with no future movie releases to sustain interest retailers may have doubts about future sales. Will the line continue to enjoy longevity past Episode III? Will Hasbro and its vendors continue to risk investing in it? <shrugs>

Though I could see Hasbro possibly downsizing the line after 2005. Maybe releasing a small number of super-articulated figures based on main characters like the VOTC.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Please no spoilers in the threads. I start reading the posts and BAM, spoilers in 2 of 3 posts.

Ummmm.....that's why they wrote "SPOILER" in their threads. See, you're not supposed to read past that if you don't want to see the spoiler...kind of like a road sign. If it says "BRIDGE OUT", you probably don't want to keep driving in that direction...

Quote Originally Posted by ronhudy
    Ummmm.....that's why they wrote "SPOILER" in their threads. See, you're not supposed to read past that if you don't want to see the spoiler...kind of like a road sign. If it says "BRIDGE OUT", you probably don't want to keep driving in that direction...
    Lol, yeah.

SPOILERS - That means stop reading, some of you!

Yoda riding on Chewbacca and farting would be so stupid! I honestly doubt that will happen. That would totally ruin Yoda's dignity, Chewbacca's too.

Yavin? Hmm, that would be cool to see. There's also a planet where Ki-Adi-Mundi fights, but it might be the one with Aayla Secura, they fought together in the Clone Wars cartoon so maybe they will in the film too?

if they make them i will buy them. i think that they can make them for years. i dont care if they are rots or saga or potf. i want figures not gimics.

It could last for a while.Hasbro/LFL will probably try to milk it for all its worth.Probably go in strong for ROTS,hoping to cash in on collectors and those people who think that buying the stuff now and waiting 10+ years will pay off.Much like for Episode I and we saw how well that worked
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I don't know about this. As I've said before, I think that Hasbro has really only been able to capitalize on the license because of the promise (or threat ) of new movies coming out every three years. So we got old trilogy figures until TPM came out. Then we were pummeled with Episode I merchandise until that died down and "we" (collectors) were the only ones left buying. Then of course, as AOTC ramped up, we got pummeled with Episode II product. Now as that has died down, we get back to OT stuff for awhile. I imagine we'll see a similar pattern during ROTS, except that once the kiddies with short attention spans stop buying ROTS figures, it'll just be us again with no hope for a return of the impressionable ones. So Hasbro may finish out the last of the OT stuff and maybe make an attempt at revisiting TPM and AOTC unfinished business, but by that time (say, around mid-2007 or so), the collectors will drop off steadily making it not worth Hasbro's effort anymore. Lucas will have released SuperNifty Saga DVD Collection Version 4.0 by that time and there won't be any other significant waves for the toys to ride on. Maybe a couple cartoons (ala Clone Wars) here and there, but since Lucas failed to really capture the new generation the way he did us, as we grow older, Hasbro will be less inclined to make toys for 40 and 50 year olds. I just don't see it happening. But who knows, I could be wrong. Only time will tell.