Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Anakin Is Not Vader

I just had a truly horrible idea. What if, in an effort to keep feeding his face with cash, blubberlucas has some surprises in store for us in ROTS. What if it turns out that Anakin and Vader are indeed two separate people? What if Padme doesn't die? This spells another trilogy after the OT and more money for the bloated one. Now I know Hayden in ROTJ throws a monkey wrench into my theory (which I hope to God is dead wrong) but this sounds just like another money grab for him.

I remember fatbody saying the Prequels would drastically change the way we see the OT. So far, with 2 movies out already and the third one well on the way, things generally seem to have happebed as I pretty much thought they would. If, however, Anakin is not Vader, that does drastically change the OT. It means that Yoda, Ben and Palpy were all wrong. It means that Luke and Leia still haven't found their father (or motherf or that matter). It leaves the audience wondering why Vader lied to Luke and killed Palpy. More importantly it leaves the question of what happened to Anakin. I hope against all hope that he doesn't pull something like this. Please tell me how crazy and incredibly stupid and impossible my theory is.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Re: Anakin Is Not Vader

Why yes, I think I will. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! Anakin is so obviously Vader! There's no doubt in my mind! No way would Lucas do something that dumb. I can see him, maybe, making Palpatine and Sidious different people (though I doubt it), but not with Anakin.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yea, JabbaJohn. WHy would he take out Robert Shaw and replace him with Hayden? I hope that you only mean that he would be a clone, Bosskman. That is the only way the theory could hold water.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

YES. It is stupid, but that was my point. Blubberbody might just pull something that stupid to "shock" the audience and give a reason to create the sequel trilogy. I for one hope I'm wrong. I just want this whole thing to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Yea, JabbaJohn. WHy would he take out Robert Shaw and replace him with Hayden? I hope that you only mean that he would be a clone, Bosskman. That is the only way the theory could hold water.
    Who's Robert Shaw? I thought it was Sebastian.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bosskman
    I just had a truly horrible idea. What if, in an effort to keep feeding his face with cash, blubberlucas has some surprises in store for us in ROTS. What if it turns out that Anakin and Vader are indeed two separate people? What if Padme doesn't die? This spells another trilogy after the OT and more money for the bloated one. Now I know Hayden in ROTJ throws a monkey wrench into my theory (which I hope to God is dead wrong) but this sounds just like another money grab for him.

I remember fatbody saying the Prequels would drastically change the way we see the OT. So far, with 2 movies out already and the third one well on the way, things generally seem to have happebed as I pretty much thought they would. If, however, Anakin is not Vader, that does drastically change the OT. It means that Yoda, Ben and Palpy were all wrong. It means that Luke and Leia still haven't found their father (or motherf or that matter). It leaves the audience wondering why Vader lied to Luke and killed Palpy. More importantly it leaves the question of what happened to Anakin. I hope against all hope that he doesn't pull something like this. Please tell me how crazy and incredibly stupid and impossible my theory is.
    I won't give you my opinion of this theory (lest you think I'm attacking you ), but what, praytell, gave you the idea in the first place? Believe me, I'm more or less with you that Lucas has made some, shall we say "odd" choices with his story and characters, but this one does seem to be very improbable, even for him.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Robert Shaw? Quint, from Jaws, was in Star Wars? Like Jabbajohn drew to our attention, it's really Sabastian. But, to answer the second part to Jabba's post, Robert Shaw was Quint from Jaws. Just FYI.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Monarche
    Robert Shaw? Quint, from Jaws, was in Star Wars? Like Jabbajohn drew to our attention, it's really Sabastian. But, to answer the second part to Jabba's post, Robert Shaw was Quint from Jaws. Just FYI.
    Well, Robert Shaw would be a big surprise being that he's dead. That'd be an edgy choice for any filmmaker, I think.

Don't get me wrong stillakid, I don't want this to happen, nor do I think it "likely" to happen, but the "what if" factor will eat at me until I see ROTS in May and all my fears are (hopefully) quelled.

As to where the idea came from, it just sorta popped int my head. I wish it hadn't but what are you gonna do? I want ROTS to be the last movie and I want it to wrap things up as much as possible. If Lucas was gonna make a sequel trilogy, he would have to have all the setup for it in ROTS because all (well at least most) of the plot from the OT was resolved by the end of ROTJ, leaving no room for a sequel that won't feel tacked on.

Once again, I feel compelled to insist to everybody that I in no way endorse this horrible idea that came into my paranoid head.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    Who's Robert Shaw? I thought it was Sebastian.
    Slip.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!