Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

2004 College Football

Once again the wonderful world of college football is upon us. I'm happy to report that Ohio State won it's opener and even showed some signs of talent from Zwick at QB.

This was the first game with the new Instant Replay which will be a godsend this year. It wasn't used but I'm glad that they came to their senses and gave it to us.

What happened with LSU?!?! Me thinks that they are ranked a bit too high this year, perhaps we'll see an adjustment this next week. Of course the BCS has been revamped once again so who knows how well it will work this time around.

Even though none won any big games the teams from the MAC really gave a few of the big schools a real workout. OU even appeared to be threatened with a loss at the hands of BGSU. Now that would have been an upset.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Smile Re: 2004 College Football

I, too, was pleased with OSU's performance. We'll see how well Pitt handles the loss of Larry Fitzgerald (and wasn't QB Rutledge a senior last year?) and the leaving of most of the old Big East powerhouses. I have no idea what I-AA Youngstown State is up to, so I of course expect a deep run in the playoffs for them! And, go Chaffey Community College (1-0 so far, all on the road even) !
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Re: 2004 College Football

AWW yeah, Fall when the smell of Buffalo wings is in the air and it's possible to have Football 5 days in a row Thurs-Mon(college and Pro's). But alas my poor Orangemen were bi-otchslapped by the Boilermakers! I doubt anyone here thought the outcome was a shocker, but I figured we'd atleast score! But, this new kid, true freshman QB Joe Feilds looks to have a lot of promise! If he stays healthy and Coach Pasqualoni doesn't do the QB flip flop like years previous I think this kid could be a heisman canidate! You heard it, remember in 3-4 years Joe Fields, QB, SU, Heisman Trophy! Hey, it's all we SU fans can look forward to! How can you get excited when you have University of Buffalo, and Uconn(football team remember not basketball) on your schedule! Yeah we just got thumped by Purdue, and we also play Florida St this year, but most likely we'll even get beat by Rutgers this year! 3-4 years, Joe Fields, QB, SU, Heisman Trophy!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

Saturday, September 4, 2004: The second greatest day of this year. (#1-Birth of my son) Why, because it was the start of College Football!!! There were some good games, some bad games, (Purdue/Syracuse{sorry 'Xir}) Some teams that should have won, and some teams that should have lost (LSU), and TONS of College Cheerleaders(best part)/fight songs/Drunk frat boys. All these make college football the best sport going. When else can you park yourself in front of a TV and watch games continously from 11:00am to 2:00am?

LSU Should have dropped farther than from 3 to 6. They really should have lost that game. They looked BAD.

Well, just waiting for the first BCS ranking to come out

AA
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

I agree, LSU should be lower in my opinion. The other teams played great.

Quite a game between Miami and FSU tonight. I really thought that Miami was done for by the beginning of the 4th quarter. Both teams were awful on offense but the final drive by Miami was very nice which threw it into overtime.

It's nice to see some top 10 play this early in the season as it thins out the post season contenders early. Of course it seems that early losses are sometimes forgotten by December when it comes to rankings especially if you are from Florida.

This was one of those games that I couldn't go wrong by watching. No matter who lost I was happy.

Well, Pitt wins (yay! even if it's over an Ohio school), and Ohio St. makes it interesting (yay! from 55 yards out). I'll have to do some searching to check on Chaffey and Youngstown St.

A few upsets today... Nebraska (at home? to Southern Miss?!? ), Kansas St. (better schedule some "cupcakes," Mr. Snyder), Notre Dame (helps out OSU ).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Mike Nugent is my hero for that 55 yarder. Marshall has always been a tough team but I was still suprised how well they played.

#3 Georgia barely won as well as #8 Texas and #9 OSU. #6 Florida State, #7 Michigan, #17 Missouri, #18 Clemson, #25 Oregon all lost.

There should be quite a shake up in the polls this week. I wonder how much those close wins will effect Georgia, Texas and OSU.

Im a little late in jumping into this thread but so far my squad (Nebraska Cornhuskers) are 1-1 this year. They won their first game against Western Illinois (a division 2 team) and lost last week to Southern Miss. Southern Miss. was able to capitialize on four Husker turnovers which made all the difference in the game. Miss. was only able to move on the Blackshirts once and all they got out of that was a field goal. But due to getting the ball in good territory they were able to score a few field goals once the Blackshirts held their ground. Disappointing because they shouldnt have lost that game (even though Miss. is a good program) but the fans here seem to be understanding, i cant imagine what Frankie would have faced had he dropped one like this. Dont be suprised if we lose a few more like this though, with the new offense still being pounded in and a very unexperienced and antsy quarterback (eight turnovers, seven of them interceptions in only two games!) this could be a subpar season. But im optimistic that the boat will get righted soon and Nebraska will return to being among the elite of college football.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

It sure sucks to lose due to turnovers though.

The rankings luckily weren't that much of a suprise this week. It's still early in the season so let's keep our fingers crossed when the first BCS rankings come out that we aren't disappointed again.