Anyone Else wish the Sideshow news was for 12 inch?

When I had heard the news of Sideshow getting Star Wars rights I was really hoping they were going to take over the 12 inch line. They would do such an amazing job. Anyne else wish it would have been that?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Re: Anyone Else wish the Sideshow news was for 12 inch?

You bet I did. I was very disappointed when I learned they were to be $250 18" figures. The funny this is they don't even look like Han and Luke. I'm sure hasbro had something to do with it. They didn't want anyone take their best selling 12" line away now did they.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I posted this when the news was first announced, but I'm actually a bit relieved that Sideshow is not making the SW 12" line. I stopped buying the Hasbro 12" line yars ago because the quality went way down on those, and also, the difficulty of finding them combined with the endless exclusives, made it really difficult to keep up my collection.

I am a bit enthusiast of Sideshow Toys and collect their classic monster line as well as assorted other 12" figures they produce (Hellboy, Vlad the Impaler, etc.) I am nearly caught up with my Sideshow collection, but at $40-$50 a pop, they are expensive (worth every penny though) on top of the regular expenditure on SW 3 3/4" toys and just the general cost of living. To start up a SW 12" collection, of what would be great sculpts and costumes, no doubt, is something I can live without right now.

I wish they just got better, period. I honestly like a lot of the new one, all the VOTC, and basically the ones with there more recent gijoe bodies. If i had to nit pick, I which the stormtrooper head had been completely redone, and Luke came with an extra head or they had a running veriant. What I was really disappointed about was finding out Sideshow's 18" were statues. I would have loved to have a real 18 inch star wars "action" figure to go with my 18" spiderman.

See some of use can see into the future!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)