View Poll Results: How Frequently do you Watch Star Wars Movies?

Voters
475. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daily dosage!

15 3.16%
  • Weekly viewings

164 34.53%
  • Monthly screenings

80 16.84%
  • 2 to 4 times per year

130 27.37%
  • Around once a year

66 13.89%
  • 2 years or more between viewings

20 4.21%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: How Frequently do you Watch Star Wars Movies?

It's been over two years since my last viewing - I watched AOTC on DVD once after buying it. I also watch the movies I love in moderation so I don't get burned out on them.

I'll probably get the OT DVDs for Christmas so I doubt that I will view those films again until early next year. And I'm planning to watch Episode I & II again before going to see Revenge of the Sith next Spring.

They have movies now?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    It's been over two years since my last viewing - I watched AOTC on DVD once after buying it.
    Sounds like an AA meeting.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

i said once a year, but it really depends more on how frequently ANH is shown on tv. while i have the movies on dvd and vhs i rarely watch them in that format. but i'm a sucker for movies on cable stations that rely on cheesy movies for viewership (USA, TBS, WGN, etc) and can get sucked into them quite easily. they'll go months/years without showing ANH and then it'll pop up on every channel within a week of the others. somehow ESB and ROTJ just don't seem to get the love though as they rarely show up on cable.

i've been avoiding AOTC and the recent glut of showings on HBO to stem the tide of prequel burnout. that was one thing that made it so special to see SW at the theater when we were kids, it was the only chance to see it. you had to wait a year or so for a revival showing, it didn't show up in the stores on DVD in 3 months after theatrical release.

Jax, the reason ESB and ROTJ aren't seen on cable (or network generally) is that Lucas owns the rights to them and doesn't seem interested in offering syndication rights on them, but since Fox owns ANH they not only offered 'em but have sold (licensed, leased? I dunno) the right to air the film on TV to Warner Bros, which is why you'll see ANH on a WB-network station or TBS once in a while.

I haven't watched any SW movies since AOTC, it put a big hamper on things and I wanted to let them cool down.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You know I still go by my old adage that I love all the SW movies equally, but I will admit that AotC is my least favorite when I have to choose! Strange thing is I always seemed to get sucked into to all those showings on HBO and Cinemax, almost as if I keep watching it saying to myself, it can't be as bad as I think... oh well!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

The poll results don't really surprise me, I figured on a fan site like this both extremes would be represented. Most fans either watch quite frequently or space their viewings out over long periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by dindae
    Sounds like an AA meeting.
    I don' need to watch, I can't quit any time

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to watch Ep. I & II in order to get into the 'mood' before going to see Revenge of the Sith or not. It might have the reverse effect.

I thought AOTC was an improvement over TPM, but I think the prequels will likely gather more dust between viewings for me than the OT. I tend to 'save' the OT for special occasions so they don't lose their luster. It's been over three years since I've made time to view them.

A friend loaned me his bootleg DVDs of the pre-SEs, I watched ANH without stopping today (ok, I stopped and went back a couple times to zoom in and see details like if R1-G4 has arms the way the figure does... which he does not that I can see ) and it was a really good time. The image wasn't really DVD quality, better than VHS but still not grand, yet the sound was perfect for my stereo, I never felt battered about by the mix unlike most studio DVD releases. I'm going to watch the other 2, then compare them to the official DVDs, and I guess that'll shape how often I'll watch 'em in the future.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.