OTC Packaging for 4500 & 4502

During my lunch hour, I dropped by Walmart where I just saw the re-released 4500 Snowspeeder and 4502 X-Wing in the new OTC packaging. The SKUs are different and the OTC box art is better looking than the previous. But the worst part of it was that the old packaging which were already on sale (4500 at $15 and 4502 at $40) had been retagged with the previous retail prices like the OTC versions.

Arghhh! To think that I went back hoping that the prices would have been reduced...
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Re: OTC Packaging for 4500 & 4502

I spotted the OTC Snowspeeder at Wal-Mart today. The glossy embossed box artwork is swell, but I my LEGO boxes always end up flattened and stored in a tub.

TRU here had their exclusive OTC 7262 TIE Fighter & Y-Wing set on the shelf today as well.

That's too bad about the old sets' prices going back up, I was looking forward to getting the old-packaging Snowspeeder at $15 or less.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    I spotted the OTC Snowspeeder at Wal-Mart today. The glossy embossed box artwork is swell, but I my LEGO boxes always end up flattened and stored in a tub.

TRU here had their exclusive OTC 7262 TIE Fighter & Y-Wing set on the shelf today as well.

Wow. I was in the dark on this one. A non-lego.com exclusive? There's always a first. How much? $50?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    Wow. I was in the dark on this one. A non-lego.com exclusive? There's always a first. How much? $50?
    I've seen LEGO Shop at Home exclusives at TRU before (UCS Rebel Blockade Runner / Naboo Starfighter). The 7262 TIE Fighter & Y-Wing is a re-release of set 7150 from 1999. The current TRU ad says it's an exclusive; and yep, it's $50.

I saw the old and new packaged Snowspeeder today, and they were both $19.88. So sad. I passed on 'em because I am trying to conserve my scratch for later. Also, I really think this set could have benefitted from a different main photograph, the current one on the box that is now embossed on the OTC packaging just looks bad.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Still haven't seen the new TIE/YW set on the shelf yet. My TRU has a kick-A display for the SW, Alpha Team, and Bionicle sets that has the 2-pack. Anyone else find it yet?

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I saw the new shelf talker displays at TRU today, they're pretty slick, I got a good look at the new Falcon, it's smaller than I expected and gappier too, way moreso than the previous version.

I also gave the DV TIE vs Y-wing in the display a looksee, the TIE is definitely not the original version, I'd say it's the updated design found in the 10131 TIE Fighters 4pack but having not seen that one in person, it's only a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I also gave the DV TIE vs Y-wing in the display a looksee, the TIE is definitely not the original version, I'd say it's the updated design found in the 10131 TIE Fighters 4pack but having not seen that one in person, it's only a guess.
    That's what I was thinking. There's a whole section on the back that was missing in the OG version. Plus it looks like the cockpit screen swings up like the TIE/F and it has that decorated disc with the cockpit hatch design that the TIE/F has.

I must take a pic of the SW setup at my TRU. Whoever put together some of the sets did a crapola job. It looks like they inverted the TIE cockpit or the fuselage when they built it because the screen is upside down (the little laser protrusions are on top, not on the bottom). Plus the e-web snowie gun doesn't look quite right.

I was surprised at how good the newer X-Wing looks. Yoda's hut is also really big. I thought it would be really dinky. Maybe I'll finally put that set together this weekend.

Wow, I can't imagine how they even got the window on that DV TIE on upside-down! I guess they could have built the whole ceiling upside-down and then put it on the crappy no-studs handle (I hate when they do a makeshift hinge out of those handles, they're NEVER as strong as they should be) backwards. I looked over more pics of the 10131 DV TIE and this is the same piece, the rear section, the wing pylons, the cockpit, they're all the same which is good because the old version was not so hot.

I have had the X-Wing for a while, it's good enough that if I ever see it on clearance for half off, I'll buy another no question. I love how the wings open, they use a gearing system to open smoothly and stay open. The scale and sizes are much better, though I have been thinking about swapping the nose out with the old version. Yoda's hut is pretty neat, it's a half-hut really, it blossoms open and there are a few nifty little details, but I would have liked the set a lot more if it was $30 and came with no hut.