Epic Force a precursor to Unleashed?

What's your thoughts on the Epic Force line? (If this thread has already been mentioned, I apologize. I must've missed it.)

I thought these were pretty cool when Hasbro released them in the late 90s.
    The detail isn't as great as the Unleashed, but you could see (or at least I can) where the inspiration for the Unleashed series.

I'd love to add the three FAO exclusives to my collection. Still missing them.

Re: Epic Force a precursor to Unleashed?

They were O I guess. They just were kind of boring. I think I only have Fett, Luke, 3PO and Vader. Missed Stormy, Leia and FAO 3 pack.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Fett was the only one I bought at regular price. The others I picked up on clearance. Had to order Qui-Gon from Brian's Toys.

I have all except the FAO 3pack and the Ep 1 Qui-Gon (and possibly Obi-Wan, I can't remember for sure), I got most on sale though. I don't think the line really was that much of a precursor because Epic Force was trying to emulate actual scenes while Unleashed is trying to project a specific emotional state. Honestly, as much as I like the Epic Force sets I have, they're not all that great up close, sculpting is soft, some poses are a little off, faces and paint are both hit-or-miss, scale is off, and ultimately they're not very exciting.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Of course Epic Force was the precursor to Unleashed! A line of affordable character statues was a fantastic idea! I'm not sure just why Epic Force tanked. I think it might have been that only the droid or non-human characters really looked good. The Bespin Luke was only OK, and Bespin Leia was not only a bad likeness of Carrie Fisher, but the sculpt was a big yawn, too. And C-3PO ... what are you going to do with him to make him exciting and dynamic?

I have the Epic Force Darth Vader on top of my TV set. It still looks pretty good, right next to my Unleashed Princess Leia and Unleashed Aayla Secura. I think it was just a matter of timing. Epic Force was pretty close to the right idea, but came out at the wrong time.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

I never felt compelled to buy any of the Epic Force figures even when they went on clearance. To me the quality just wasn't there. The poses were for the most part poor, the likeness of most of them weren't great either and the rotating bases made them feel cheap. If I had to sum up the line in a word it would be DULL. Other than the scale and price point I don't see any similarities between the 2 lines. None of the Epic Force figures had even a hint of the quality that we've seen in the Unleashed line so far.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now dont take this the wrong way but I think youve been holding out on us.

Joker: I dont keep count. Im going to kill everyone in this room.