Exclamation otc vintage question

does anyone know about a votc darth vader to where some of the paint on the monitor on his chest is missing. and also a votc yoda to where in the top right hand corner where is says for ages 4 and up under it it has it in i think french. does anyone know if they are an error or what?
    thanks
    george

Re: otc vintage question

I'm sure there are many of these vaders with a dot of paint missing here or there. It happens with all of the figures.

I do have a VOTC Yoda with the french text. How ever have no idea why hasbro would just do this on Yoda and not the others.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    I do have a VOTC Yoda with the french text. How ever have no idea why hasbro would just do this on Yoda and not the others.
    Same here. I have all the ANH and ESB figures and Yoda is the only one with the French text. Dunno why either.

Exclamation Re: otc vintage question

i just bought a otc basic greedo that does not have the symbol in the top left hand corner. u know ..that tells if they're bad guys or good guys. does anyone anything about that?

All the Greedo's are like that. he's not part of the rebels or Empire. He's like the independent party here in the US.
    (Like my posts)

Exclamation Re: otc vintage question

oh i see so i guess its normal then. ok thanks a lot.
    george

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergeorge
    i just bought a otc basic greedo that does not have the symbol in the top left hand corner. u know ..that tells if they're bad guys or good guys. does anyone anything about that?
    The Jawas card is also symbol-less. So the Rodian is not the only one that remains unaffiliated

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergeorge
    does anyone know about a votc darth vader to where some of the paint on the monitor on his chest is missing. and also a votc yoda to where in the top right hand corner where is says for ages 4 and up under it it has it in i think french. does anyone know if they are an error or what?
    thanks
    george
    I believe the French on the Yoda card was a requirement by the Canadians. While the basic OTC in Canada is on different packaging, the Vintage figures are not. Because of Yoda's small size and very small accessories, this was the only figure that the Canadians absolutely insisted have a warning on in French, to comply with their mandatory bilinguality laws. At least, that's how it was explained to me by a friend who's a sculptor at Hasbro.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by darthzirock
    At least, that's how it was explained to me by a friend who's a sculptor at Hasbro.
    You must have some great inside info. Please do tell!!!
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    You must have some great inside info. Please do tell!!!

Yes do tell!!!!!!!
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten