Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Star Trek: Enterprise - Season 4

I thought tonight was the premier (Friday, Sept. 10, 2004, 8 o'clock pm)?

When is it really going to happen?

They showed "Countdown" tonight, and "Zero Hour" is the final Season 3 episode after that, so I can't imagine that the season premier would air tonight.

Dang. I was looking forward to it.

Re: Star Trek: Enterprise - Season 4

I'm glad it wasn't tonight, as I would have completely missed it. Looking forward to it being on the air again.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Stupid Friday timeslot!!! And I just checked listings, there appears to be no Enterprise on next week at all. I think UPN has screwed up, keep checking your local listings because it seems like they're gonna keep changing things over and over.

BTW, according to the news story quoted in the Season 3 thread, new eps won't start until Oct 8th.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yup. Stupid me. I started the thread before checking the official site.

StarTrek.com says Oct. 8.

I did see a commercial about Brent Spiner being on the show for several episodes in Season 4, dealing with a very cool and particular point of Star Trek history that we've never seen explored before: The Eugenics Wars!!!

Season 4 could really rock!

On another note, I'd been watching "Unforgiven" just prior to tuning in "Countdown," when I noticed the difference from coming from a movie with

Gene Hackman (a great actor!)
    Morgan Freeman
    Clint Eastwood

- all the Star Trek guest stars, especially aliens, sound like stuffy, British butler types or whatever. They don't talk tough - not even the Xindi.

I know Klingons are Klingons, but a Klingon in the bar with Clint Eastwood would have made a few more quick-draw gunmen killers think twice about trying something. The Xindi, as cool as they are - ARE NOT.

Star Trek still needs a harder edge to it.

Well, that felt like a total Voyager episode to me, and it's a "to be continued" as well. The effects budget slashing really took its toll on a few shots, I was surprised at how bad the early shots of the shuttlepod running from the P-51s actually was, you'd think they would have kept the previous computer models and worked from there. Ultimately, I don't think there was enough reward to keep me involved, but I am hopeful that something MAJOR happens by the end of the next ep that will change the Enterprise show's universe and history for the better.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow JT. I thought this was a good Sci-Fi episode. Good Star Trek episode- maybe, but good sci-fi anyhow.

I think this shows some promise, as it adds some nice story telling posibilities. I only dread the idea that it may all backfire and make the enire "Enterprise" series where it never happend. That's always the big rip-off way of fixing everyihtn in a time travel sci-fi show.

With my dissapointment of Smallville I need something to look forward to. Right now I'm looking forward to the next Trek episoides.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

I second that. Enterprise was really good.

A lot of action. A great story premise (though we've seen this done before - the Nazis ruling, the Roman Empire never having fallen, etc. etc.) but it feels like great modern Star Trek if not original Star Trek.

Still, nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmiller
    Wow JT. I thought this was a good Sci-Fi episode. Good Star Trek episode- maybe, but good sci-fi anyhow.
    I think I see what you're saying, but for me it was a decent sci-fi premise presented in the most Voyager manner possible. It's hardly the only story to present the Nazis winning WWII or even aliens helping them do it, and while I would have liked to have seen more of that, instead we get Archie running around New York and Enterprise dealing with Silik and fighter planes and no way to get home and it just didn't work for me.

I think this shows some promise, as it adds some nice story telling posibilities. I only dread the idea that it may all backfire and make the enire "Enterprise" series where it never happend. That's always the big rip-off way of fixing everyihtn in a time travel sci-fi show.
    That was one of my earliest theories, that Archie and the crew make the ultimate sacrifice in the last episode and erase their entire history in order to make the timeline "right" for Trek to be what it was. It could even be heroic, imagine how hard it would be for these people to each agree that not only would they sacrifice themselves, but they'd sacrifice their entire existance just to make things better. It'd be like that time-ship 2-parter of Voyager, except without the happy ending that our characters got.

I wonder how they are going to work in the smaller story arc's thay talked about before the season started. My biggest worry for this season is that it will become some sort of Time Hopping Star Trek Quantum Leap show... I guess if that does happen they have the right captian for it.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

I think I know where they are going with this:

1996-7 happened in our history with no Eugenics Wars and World War III obviously isn't slated to happen (we hope).

But Star Trek is supposed to be OUR future.

So they are allowing these timeline incursions to re-write history so that in 1996 there really WAS a Eugenics War and Star Trek's future just takes place along a divergent time strand than our future is going down - perhaps we'll even see the split where our timeline and Archer's diverge.

The one problem I think they might have is that didn't VOYAGER travel back to 1996?

They must have gone to "our 1996" and not their own. So Janeway not only time traveled, but went back on the wrong "parallel." That makes sense - she was always getting lost anyways.