Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

FX-7, RFT (TIVD), ImpO, Zutton, and the improved articulation

I am quite pleased to be able to make the first post in the area a positive one.

Hasbro, if the pictures are doing the new figures of FX-7, Zutton, Rebel Fleet Trooper (Tantive IV Defender), and the Imperial Officer any justice, then I have to say that this is one of the best and biggest leaps of improvement, (at least for the improvements I wanted to see) so far. These figures have brought back a level of excitement that I have felt few times in the last couple of years. It is a little early to say keep up the good work...but I'll jump the gun a little. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

And post a little tidbit for us from time to time here in the forums.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Re: FX-7, RFT (TIVD), ImpO, Zutton, and the improved articulation

The articulation is a great leap here, I hope Hasbro has the sense to do more like this in the future, and I want to see a new, "shiny" stormtrooper with more articulation than the CTC version (specifically in the wrists).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talking

I agree on the Stormie, and leave out the silly blaster damage star!

Cool

All the figures look great and the line keeps on improving with each wave! What's up with the big head on Snags? Will the rebel trooper be able to stand with the jointed knees? I hope that all the soldiers figures get this kind of articulation and detail. Hoth troopers anyone? Keep it up!
    "pork is not a verb"

With Hasbro's new realscan technology they could easily dress somebody up in the stormtrooper, Vader, etc. armor and scan them, creating perfect likenesses.

"Check out the big head on Zutton!" (Mace Winfield, Pulp Wars)
    As to the big head on Snags, I believe Zutton was played by a little person (dwarf). If you look closely at the proportions of the figure you will see that this is an accurate portrayal of a little person in a costume with a large mask. It is difficult to make out this distinction as the figure is not shown to scale with others, but when the pics arrive from Wizard World, I'm sure you will see that he is a lot shorter than most.

just "Bravo" to Hasbro!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

SPEKTACKLIER! good too...!

I'm just flabbergasted at the level of detail in the FX-7 figure. Those teeny arms are so cool. If they got the hollow part of his head right that's gonna blow me away. What's wrong with Snagglrtooth? He looks just as he does in the photos. I love the detail and his face is more Snivvian than that plain old Takeel from the CS. He'll make an excellent figure for customisers with a cool head sculpt like that.

Thumbs up Agreed

I have to say that these figures look incredible. Way to go Hasbro. Keep up the good work. Can't see what is up next.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

JediCole, I agree with you, I think the figure's body is the small part, not the head being large. I posted a thread in the POTJ section saying that, but I haven't looked at it since.

Jargo, cool attachment!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.