Hybrid View

Post want a real braid

hasbro, i think its best to use a real padawan braid.....real hair like material just like on the Episode 1 obi wan jedi knight figure....
    the piece of plastic looks like he has a "log" hanging from his ear....thanks hasbro, i like the newest stuff
    J.
    "Luke, I am your Father.......and your Brother" -Vader ESB veryvery special edition

Question Well,

I think it really depends. At some times real hair looks good, and at other times the plastic looks just fine.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I haven't seen a plastic Padawan braid that comes anywhere near the quality and look of the one on Jedi Knight Obi-Wan from the Ep 1 line. I'll take "real feel" hair instead of the painted plastic blob of Jedi Duel Obi-Wan.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thumbs up

Ok, what about the Qui-Gon that was released. He had his Jedi robes and looks as if he is just standing there. (I am not sure the correct name for the figure, if it is Qui-Gon Jedi Master or what?) His hair is down with the little plastic braid in the back. I think that it looks good like that and would look a little wierd with hair sticking out of his head. That is why I say it depends on the figure. This in the only exception I could think of.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Those are locks, not braids. It's different. Plus, try turning that figure's head, it's not too easy to do without pulling his neck apart because of that stiff hair he's got hanging down.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    The same goes for any long haired figure or alien with a uniquely shaped head. If you can't use the neck articulation, then why bother having a turnable head in the first place? And don't take that to mean that we want preposed head sculpts either, Hasbro. That is NOT what I said.

I swear, Hasbro R&D doesn't take these things into consideration when designing toys.

That's it. I'm sending Hasbro, my resumee...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

The one on the Jedi Knight Obi-Wan was great, I'd like to see at least one Obi-Wan and one Anakin figures with the hair material braids so that way we could just transplant the heads onto the other E2 Obi & Anakin figs.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

EP, I think the reason for that useless articulation is for assembly-sake. That doesn't mean I think it's acceptable to have no neck articulation though.