Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Repaints and loose collecting.

I am a loose (mainly) collector.
    I do have a closet full of carded/boxed but they are all of ones i already have opened and only have them because they came in lots or small collections iv'e bought.
    The OTC figures have some repaints ( Luke, Greedo, Jawas, Snowtrooper), im planning on gettting them all when i find them (iv'e only got the Bespin Luke so far) but i was wondering if im being an *** since they are really just the same figures or are any of you other loose collectors getting these too?
    Just curious.

-V-

http://www.karinations.com

Re: Repaints and loose collecting.

I am a carded collector and I buy the repaints/repacks. I dont get all of them, but I have gotten all the Lukes, most of them in cases from EE though. I would have never bought the Jedi Luke OTC in a store though. I do plan on buying the Jawas, Tusken, snowtrooper, Gam. guard, and a few others. I never got the IG-88 POTJ, so I snatched him in a trade. If it wasnt for the cards, I dont thinkn I would have gotten most of the repacks. I bought Bossk repack, because I needed a quick fix, but I wont buy the Endor wave, except Han, because I have him on a Saga Canadian card and want an American carded version.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm a loose collector, and I will buy repaints if they are significant improvements, or changes. I've not seen the OTC Bespin wave yet, but will most likely buy Bespin Luke when I find him. Greedo was actually really well done, and looks the best on his card (of the OTC figures I've seen). If I come across him again, I will probably buy him. I'm on the fence about X-Wing Luke. The only difference is his teeth not being painted from what I can see. I bought one for my son, and if I see another, I'll probably pick one up for myself as well. Everyone else will be based on what I think of them when I find them.

Quote Originally Posted by karinations
    I am a loose (mainly) collector.
    I do have a closet full of carded/boxed but they are all of ones i already have opened and only have them because they came in lots or small collections iv'e bought.
    The OTC figures have some repaints ( Luke, Greedo, Jawas, Snowtrooper), im planning on gettting them all when i find them (iv'e only got the Bespin Luke so far) but i was wondering if im being an *** since they are really just the same figures or are any of you other loose collectors getting these too?
    Just curious.

-V-

http://www.karinations.com
    Yes, you are just being an ***.

No really most of the repacks are better that the 1st versions and I recommend getting them all. Hasbro does too, so you better just do it.
    So far I have only seen one OTC figure at a retail store and it was the stupid @ss Han. I have got all the rest from EE up to the Jawa and Tusken wave. Next will be the Gam Guard and Bib wave with the last Saga wave repacks and that will do it for the OTC line. Hopefully I will find them in retail before EE gets them.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I'm also a loose collector (or was). My opinion is: Same figure on a new card is still the same figure. When Hasbro changed the POTF2 line from orange cards to green cards I sure as heck didn't buy the figures over again because they were on a new card. Same thing with vintage figures. Vader on a SW card is the same as Vader on a ESB, ROTJ or POTF card.

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    I will buy repaints if they are significant improvements, or changes.
    I feel the same way. If major changes or improvements are made I'll consider it. What is a major change or improvement? Well it changes from time to time and figure to figure.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I only get repaints if they are cool or really different than the first versions. I got the Yoda Episode II Council figure, it looked different enough from the Episode I version. I will probably get the Jawas and Tusken Raider, but not the Luke, as I don't really think it is that different (besides, we already have a clean Bespin Luke form 1998). However, it is really up to you.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'm one of those pathetic people that collects every figure no matter what. I keep them all carded because, like I've said, it looks better when displayed IMO. Today I picked up the OTC Han Solo and that makes if I'm not mistaken the 4th different card that that particular figure has been on. Man, I need some help.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I'm one of those pathetic people that collects every figure no matter what. I keep them all carded because, like I've said, it looks better when displayed IMO. Today I picked up the OTC Han Solo and that makes if I'm not mistaken the 4th different card that that particular figure has been on. Man, I need some help.
    You are not alone.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

as a loose collector, I have done this, but not with that many figures, the repaint has to be superior in some way for me to get in on this. The HOF R2 with the wheels and permanent 3rd leg, this OTC Bespin Luke, R2 Dagobah, Luke Pilot, those are all ones I've bought so far that are worthy repaints for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    As long as you aren't the guy who paid $800+ for the one that Cloud City Collectibles offered on ebay acouple months ago, you have the assurance of knowing that you could be worse.