View Poll Results: What do you think of the VOTC line?

Voters
460. You may not vote on this poll
  • The whole line is fantastic

230 50.00%
  • It is good, but not great

142 30.87%
  • The line is only "okay"

47 10.22%
  • The VOTC line is kinda weak

27 5.87%
  • The whole line stinks

14 3.04%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do you think of the VOTC line?

As of today, the final wave of VOTC figures has hit stores with the 4 ROTJ figures. The VOTC line has been out for over a month, with many figures still hard to find in most areas, but there definitely is no current shortage of some VOTC figures such as Han Solo & Ben Kenobi. Whether you factor the price into the equation or not, what is your take on this line, is it the best thing since sliced bread or just moldy? Vote now and voice your opinion.

Re: What do you think of the VOTC line?

I voted Fantastic. The Threepio figure may be crappy, but that's my only complaint. It's great to see the O.G. cards on the shelves again, and I love the fact that it's only 12 figures.

It makes me feel like I have a complete collection (well, it will when I get the ROTJ ones) without having to spend a gazillion dollars on rehashed figures.

I love the VOTC

I'd say this line is good, but not good enough reignite my interests in the modern lines. The figures look great (I'm always a sucker for cloth cape and accessories). I love the cards (I haven't said that about any of Hasbro's stuff before). But the prices I heard about are a bit too high in most cases. So for the time being I'll just look.

What I dislike is the name, "vintage?" Give me a break. This is the dumbest thing since Greedo shot first.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

At first I was not planning to get any of the OTC line including VOTC, until I saw these. I could not resist getting them, especially since there are only 12. Its pretty easy to collect them knowing they won't keep coming out with new ones to drain your wallet.

If they make any more past the original 12 planned, I think it will make these less "special" and I won't be interested. I like the numbers: 12 figures like the original 12 (even though they are not the same characters) and 4 from each movie on original type card backs. Cool!

Yes, I know they're packed in star cases, but I hate the $10 price for what we get. The figures are too flimsy for my taste, yet they do look pretty good. I would have loved getting repro-ed vintage figures instead.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

There ok.. they couldve done a little better job on some of the faces (Leia). But the packaging is great.
    Hey JT why did you change your avatar?
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

I voted fantastic!

I have the first eight, and they are all just amazing.
    (Even Threepio has grown on me. . . )
    The ball jointed heads are just too cool for words.

Can't wait for the ROTJ toys to hit LA.

As someone else said, it's sure fun to Collect All Twelve again. . .

Quote Originally Posted by mastermatt24
    There ok.. they couldve done a little better job on some of the faces (Leia). But the packaging is great.
    Hey JT why did you change your avatar?
    Matt, with the ROTJ DVD coming out tomorrow with that Hayden spirit, I felt I had to say something. Plus, I had an idea yesterday about everybody doing this Ghostbusters-style thing with a different character as their avatar, and it dawned on me today that Haydenbusters could be done. Then I couldn't decide on white or black for the background, so I kept switching back and forth for the first 30 minutes or so.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, I said the whole line is fantastic because they really got me back into buying packaged figures again. The Yoda, Han, Darth and Lando are great figures, but the Leia and Luke really stink. Still the packaging is really why we buy them, and that's what get's my attention. I do wish they had the right packaging with the right film. 3PO, Chewbacca, Boba, Stormie, and Darth should have had a SW logo, while R2 should have been Empire. They could have put ESB or Jedi figs in vintage style packages. As you can see this will open up a new door for variations or repackaging later down the road. Anyways some of the figs are actually improvements too like Han, R2 and Chewie.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

I went for Fantastic! I'm very pleased with this line...man I just love the old cardbacks too!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!