Best OTC cardbacks

I have, like, oodles of loose Chewbacca figures, and yet I almost bought another one today - the OTC Chewie. I was going to get it for the card, not the figure. No other packaging in the modern line has made me do that before!

I'm not looking to get a complete set of the OTC to keep on the card, only a select few that I think are really, really cool. That got me to wondering what everyone's favorite OTC cardbacks are. My top 5 would have to be:

1. C-3PO. I just love that krayt dragon (or whatever it's supposed to be) skeleton behind him. It's such an iconic image, and one of my earliest memories of seeing A New Hope when I was seven.

2. Tusken Raider. Again, an iconic figure with an iconic background image. The banthas always fascinated me, and as a kid I wanted to see more of them (and still do).

3. Jawas. More of the same. Don't have this one yet, but plan to, soon.

4. Slave Leia. I don't have this one yet, either, but to have our girl Leia posed in front of a screen-image Jabba is just about perfect.

5. R2-D2. Not the Dagobah version. R2 looks like he's wheeling down the corridor of the Tantive IV , just like in the film. This one MUST be kept in the package! (LOL)

Honorable mentions go to the Stormtrooper, the Scout Trooper, and the entire Dagobah wave (Luke, Ben, R2, and Yoda).

What do you think?

Re: Best OTC cardbacks

I dig IG-88 and Bossk. Also Bespin Luke and 3PO and R2 clean. Scout trooper is nice too.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

for me the best OTC background is the STORMTROOPER, hands down. IT just looks soo good the way the figure is set up and that hall way brings back memories. The Jawas are good too.

I really like 3PO as well and Obi's is up high on my list. Hasbro's art department kicked some @ss this time. I guess since they knew they were going to shell out some sub par figures they thought the cool packaging would be a great selling point.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I think they're all great, really hard to pick a favorite. I'd say at this point I like the upcoming ANH Vader the best (the one with the stormys lined up behind him).

I'm really digging the Fett, Tie Pilot, and Stormtrooper cards too. I also really like the Tatooine and Endor ones, they seem to show off the figures especially well.

I like Wickets and the Scout Troopers the best. But then again I always have had a soft spot for Endor. To me the worst one by far is Darth Vaders. I think it is because of the way he is posed in the package more than anything else.

The C-3PO card is pretty cool, it was a major selling point for me. I've always liked the skeleton in the background too.

Stormtrooper with the detention area corridor has a nostalgic feel to it.

The Dagobah & Endor cards are neat, as are the Jawas, Cloud Car and TIE Pilot's.

I guess the main reason I'm buying these repacks is that the figures are posed in their own miniature display with backdrop.

My top 5 favorites would break down as follows:

5-Stormtrooper
    4-Luke Bespin
    3-C-3PO
    2-Jawas
    1-Greedo

I found it worth noting that some of the figures share the same background:

-R2-D2 and Princess Leia on the Tantive IV
    -Spirit Obi-Wan and Yoda on Dagobah
    -Bossk and IG-88 on Executor (the same image only mirrored)
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I would have to say that my new favorite is the Vader from ANH. Those Stormtroopers behind him are just awesome.

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo....c082604_03.jpg