Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Y-Wing Part

Y-Wing Part

I bought a vintage y-wing of eBay. It did not come with the guns, bomb, or the struts. I am thinking about making the missing parts. Can anyone give me the dimensions of the strut, including the position of the tab that fits into the engine?

Thanks.
    Clones, clones, the wonderful troops!
    The more there are, the more they shoot!
    The more they shoot, the higher you score,
    so bring your clones to every war!

Re: Y-Wing Part

This site was pointed out to me by mark2d2 in another thread about missing parts/decals so I figured I'd pass it along. They don't seem to have the Y-wing parts available yet but who knows you might email them just in case or check back later.

http://www.toyrestore.com/toyrestore_001.htm
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Y-Wing Part

That looks great. I can't wait until more items are available.

Thanks for the information.
    Clones, clones, the wonderful troops!
    The more there are, the more they shoot!
    The more they shoot, the higher you score,
    so bring your clones to every war!

I need a Y-Wing Bomb if anyone has one.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc
    I need a Y-Wing Bomb if anyone has one.
    My question is: is there anyone who owns an opened Y-Wing that actually does have the bomb part? The one I bought (surprise! ) didn't have one either. Maybe all the "Ban the Bomb" campaigns finally paid off.

I think perhaps the only Vintage accessories that I've noticed are missing most would be the reins on the Tauntaun or Dewback.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    My question is: is there anyone who owns an opened Y-Wing that actually does have the bomb part? The one I bought (surprise! ) didn't have one either. Maybe all the "Ban the Bomb" campaigns finally paid off.
    Mine has the Bomb. I had to pay extra to get a Y-Wing with one, but I think it was worth it. The only problem is mine doesn't stay together very well. When dropped it spills in two. It's that bomb that makes the Y-Wing one of the coolest vintage vehicles.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Mine came with the bomb, but I lost it when moving. Mabey if the new blue and red Y-Wings have them I can snitch it out the package and no little kid will realize it. hehehehe just kidding.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

The bomb may be the most elusive vintage part. The rope that comes with the death star is a pretty tough find, though.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Found it on ebay 39.99 what was that guy smokin'

Okay, here's my bomb story. I got an old Y-wing off a buddy of mine a while ago which, of course, did not include that pesky little bomb. I checked Ebay several times, but didn't want to pay all that $$$ for such a small piece of plastic.

On day I'm brousing a local L.A. comic shop when I come across a collector's case containig a basket of old parts from Star Wars to G.I. Joe. Everything was labeled $2. So I ask an old guy to open it up for me so that I can dig around a bit. Low and behold, there's an old Y-wing bomb in there. Knowing that I had stumbled upon gold, I played dumb and asked him if he knew what it was. He had no idea and said, "It's only two bucks." Now my ship's got a bomb to drop on those silly Imperials.