Smile Sonic the Hedgehog RULES!!

I went into Circuit City to check out their pricing on THX-1138 and saw that the Sonic Mega Collection for the Gamecube was on sale ($14.99 vs the usual $19.99). I couldn't resist it.

I'd forgotten how incredibly cool these games were! I spent several hours last night reacquainting myself with Sonic and Sonic 3, not even getting into the other games yet.

If you have a Gamecube, buy this disc now. You will not regret it. This is a batch of excellent games, even not considering the nostalgia factor.

The graphics might not be up to today's more exacting standards, and the sound isn't the best, but I wish more of the new games put as much effort into the actual gameplay.

This makes me want to get a Gameboy adapter so I can pick up the big ol' Mario collection.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog RULES!!

Does this collection exist for other game systems, specifically the XBox?

I love the Sonic series from the old Sega days. I still fire up the old Genesis once a year and blast through a few of them. Sonic 2 is my favorite.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I believe it's currently a Gamecube exclusive, as is Capcom's Mega Man Anniversary Collection (another I plan to get soon). Not 100% sure, but I think it said so on the packaging.

I find it rather interesting that Sega lost money on hardware with the Saturn and Dreamcast, so they went fully into software and made their signature product an exclusive to the system produced by the only real competition their Genesis system had.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

actually, in retro gamer magazine, i read an amazing article... SEGA has been around since the 50's in america, originally creating acrace machines for sale in japan.

they were too late to compete well with NES, but genesis was released before SNES, which boosted them up. but they were too late once again with saturn and dreamcast, and now have an exclusive software development contract with nintendo. therefore, no, it will not be on any other systems.

my mom got it for me when she came down to visit. i love it!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

darn!

For those who don't have Gamecube, Sonic can be obtained by buying the mini Sega Genesis systems on sale at K-Mart and Target (BTW, I just saw a mini Intellivision on sale at KB, don't know much about that system, but it has classic games).

I never had Sonic for my original console. I bought the system back when you got Altered Beast (talk about a gyp), but I did borrow it from a friend. I don't have an instruction book for the game now, so it makes it difficult to play the game, remembering all the controls and stuff. I'll just have to give it some time.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I believe it's currently a Gamecube exclusive, as is Capcom's Mega Man Anniversary Collection (another I plan to get soon). Not 100% sure, but I think it said so on the packaging.
    Actually, both collection games are (or will soon be) on multiple systems Chux.

"Sonic Mega Collection Plus" as it will be known, will be released on November 2nd for the PS2 and X-Box for around $20. It will contain 20 classic Sonic games total (10-13 more in addition to all those found on the current GCN version).

"Mega Man Anniversary Collection" is currently available on the PS2 and the GBA as well. The PS2 version is the same as the GCN version (all 8 NES/SNES/PS console games and the 2 arcade fighters). The GBA version has 5 games total (they are color remakes of the 5 classic GB games, not to be confused with the NES games).
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Thanks for that news Lord M.!! You made my Christmas.