Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Midnight Madness announcement.

From JD Comes news about Midnight madness. 29 figures to be released that night. SOunds like a lot of money to be spent IMO.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: Midnight Madness announcement.

That's awesome. I have nothing but excellent memories of Midnight madness for the AOTC figures. Spending about 400 bucks, eating at steak n' shake and then a lightsaber duel in my apartment courtyard with my friends as the sun came up. Sadly, i'm at school now and that won't happen this year, but still, it would be a blast!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

29 Figures...Holy geez.

Won't be so bad I guess, I have fond memories of my Wal-Mart "Midnight Madness" visits...like, me being the only one there so I could choose at my own pace what figs I wanted. Hope that happens again, it's lonely sure but hey...in '99 it was a madhouse at TRU, I wouldn't want to repeat that again- especially not with 29 figs being release!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Boy oh boy! There's nothing finer than knocking a bunch of little kids down to get the best toys!
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

Well, that's not much more than the 27 figures released for AOTC midnight madness. I never go to these things. What are you guys finding at midnight that I can't get the next day at a reasonable hour?

Blast from the past - pics of the huge AOTC display I secretly took at TRU a day or two after midnight madness in 2002:

http://uploads.bardiir.de/20040918053448_615609.jpg

http://uploads.bardiir.de/20040918053737_879190.jpg

I hope stores' OTC displays look like this next Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    What are you guys finding at midnight that I can't get the next day at a reasonable hour?
    Case-Fresh figures with barely a speck of dust on them, literally. When I went to Wal-Mart April 26th at 11:50PM, they hadn't put the figures out yet. My mom and I decided to walk around until they did, and around 12:05 we came back and a whole display was set up. It was beautiful.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I didn't attend either Midnight, Madness. The first one occurred when I was living in L.A.. The sure ammount of toys being released led me to not fear being able to pick up what i wanted the following day. I was stunned to see that there was nothing to be found except a couple of Koosh Balls and a Ric Olie--my first and only Ep. 1 figure for about 2 weeks.

They didn't do a Midnight Madness where I was living when AOTC came out. the next day I hit Wal-Mart expecting it to be empty as well. I was the only person in the very full SW section. I found everything including beasts, and vehicles except for Yoda and Dexter Jettster, which I was able to pick up a week alter at K-Mart.

I don't know if they'll have one where I am now, where there are clearly aggresive SW buyers, as I seem to find stuff weeks after everyone else is (at least I'm finding it).

I have no fears of missing the initial waves of ROTS stuff. If anything, depending on what I have to spend, I may skip the figures altogether and just buy the vehicles, beats, whatever, and pick up the figures later. One look at a KB toys should show just how easy those figures will be to find even years later--for less than 50% of the original price.

Well I attended both and enjoyed them. I will be at this one as well and can't wait. I guess i will be saving up starting now.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Oh, I would like to attend one but here in Mexico no store makes that...so I can only imagine it.
    [SIGNATURE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    Well, that's not much more than the 27 figures released for AOTC midnight madness. I never go to these things. What are you guys finding at midnight that I can't get the next day at a reasonable hour?

Blast from the past - pics of the huge AOTC display I secretly took at TRU a day or two after midnight madness in 2002:

http://uploads.bardiir.de/20040918053448_615609.jpg

http://uploads.bardiir.de/20040918053737_879190.jpg

I hope stores' OTC displays look like this next Tuesday!
    Thanks for the pics Ji'dai,
    That brings back some memories. I didn't do midnight madness for AOTC because of the anarchy I experienced at the TPM one. When I went to TRU the next day, it looked just like your pictures, and I ended up getting all the figures I wanted except Dooku (which showed up within a few weeks).

I won't be going to the ROTS one either, but I will be hitting the stores up the day after.