Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm gonna say it again: I think Hasbro owes it to us as collectors and valued consumers to re-offer some of these items! The Super Star Destroyer being an excellent choice for a rerelease. Ditto on the EU figures. Matter of fact, that would be a good opportunity for them to get back into the EU game, and give them an excuse to redo some of the figures. Like Thrawn, who in my opinion was a little off base. First off, the books frequently made mention of his "blue, black eyebrows" yet the figure has NONE!? He was also made a bit short in my opinion as I recall him being described in the novels as very tall. The Mara Jade figure was also a bit disappointing. Especially in terms of the head sculpt. A new color corrected carded Hoth Han would be really nice too. What do you guys think?
    MAN I wish I could post new threads!

I was 10 miles away from my wallet when I found Dash Rendar's Outrider for 10 ($14) and the Naboo Royal Starship for 40 ($57) in a local shop. When I returned the next day they were long gone. I don't know about the US, but in the UK you never see these two in the shops (even when they were released), you've more chance of winning the Lottery....

I have been sooooo lucky when it comes to this. I have passed up so many things and then found them on clearance or got one on ebay really cheap - usually auctions that end on weekday mornings.For example I passed up the POTJ AT-AT time and time again at $80 for about a year.So one day i stroll into KayBee on see 6 of them on clearance for $40.00.Yea! The only ones I regret not buying are Royal naboo starship at TRU for $49.99, Fambaa at FAO in Chicago (I had more than enough cash in my wallet too,dammit). and Death Star Trooper (although I did get Ree-Yees that day).My biggest problem is not being able to find things at all(like Target Y-Wing and Skiff, Motti and Commtech Leia and R2 w/ holo leia , etc.)I better not miss out on the Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder at Wal-Mart, I WILL go on a mass killing spree....

I remember continiously passing on Ishi tib, Biggs, and General Lando because they were everywhere at the time and I wanted to pay other things. When I was ready to get them, they had eventually moved off the shelves. I got them now but payed a couple of bucks more than if I got them when I saw them. Also wish I got more Stormtroopers when the local KBs were selling the figures for $2.99 each and were swamped with the Imperial assortments. If you venture out today you can still see POTF Emperors from when that sale took place.
    Last edited by aharry; 04-12-2002 at 02:49 PM.

DM .00

(I'm not a carded collector, but I wanted the original .00 Maul, and the worst part was, I had it in my hands with every intention of buying it, but somehow it got shuffled around with some other figures I was holding and ended up back on the pegs. )
    JT, I got an extra one which I was planning to open (but never happened). Email me if you are interested.

Exclamation

Originally posted by mightywhelk
    I was 10 miles away from my wallet when I found Dash Rendar's Outrider for 10 ($14) and the Naboo Royal Starship for 40 ($57) in a local shop. When I returned the next day they were long gone. I don't know about the US, but in the UK you never see these two in the shops (even when they were released), you've more chance of winning the Lottery....
    So, what you're saying is that you were without identification? Were you driving? Here in the States, you can get a ticket for that! Of all the nerve! First on the wrong side of the road, now this! Kidding.

I NEVER go anywhere without my wallet. Now there may not be any money in it, but it's with me nonetheless. It is quite frustrating to actually come into contact with searched-for figures, be willing (and able) to afford the listed price, but not actually have the money with you. Arr! You shoulda beat up some kid for his lunch money to get it!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Green boxed (NON-electronic) X-Wing Fighter
    SOTE boxed Slave I during TRU's Pre-Episode I clearance
    SOTE Outrider

sigh

The POTF AT-AT for $15.99 at TRU!

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos

So, what you're saying is that you were without identification? Were you driving? Here in the States, you can get a ticket for that! Of all the nerve! First on the wrong side of the road, now this! Kidding.

Yep, its true, we don't need to carry ID in the UK and as for driving on the wrong side, I stick to the middle (less of a difference when I go to France)

Anyway, I always have my wallet on me filled with enough credit cards to choke a donkey.
    and I thought they smelled bad on the outside...

Target Excl B Wing, FF Boba, Green Card Leia in Boush, & 12" Bobafett, that's all..... I thought the B wings were gonna be plentiful... my target had about 10 or so.... went back the nxt weekend... still they were there... i was like okay this is odd and passed the damn thing up again... well needless to say i just ordered it last week from a specialty shop
    RePoZeSoR