No screaming in EMPIRE

Just watched the Empire Strikes back DVD and was getting to the part where luke was about to jump off the gantry and thought "oh please take out the scream that would be just the best if they took that out" and then he jumped and voila no scream . I am so relieved and this has made the DVDs thus far worth every penny

Re: No screaming in EMPIRE

I'd heard that they were gonna take it out but I wasn't gonna believe it until I saw it. You can still hear the scream though. Just watch ROTJ and listen to the Emperor scream when he gets thrown down the chasm, it's the same scream.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Empire is the one Star Wars movie that I think gets better with each draft Lucas does. That scream made me crazy. I am thrilled they removed it.

Having the scream made it seem as if he slipped and fell and it was an accident. Having him be silent showed that it was a show of defiance against Vader as if he's saying that he'd rather die then join him.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    Empire is the one Star Wars movie that I think gets better with each draft Lucas does. That scream made me crazy. I am thrilled they removed it.
    The scream was only added BY Lucas during the SEs, so I don't think he deserves props here.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I've never been totally convinced that the ESB:SE scream actually is the same one as the ROTJ version. I'll have to check this out soon, I have a friend's original and SE bootlegs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm happy Lucas removed Luke's scream as well. I always thought it was out of place adn that it would not have been heard anyways in Bespin's deep chasm.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett