Thread: card bubbles ?

card bubbles ?

hi

can anyone tell me where i can get loose card bubbles as i would like to recard some vintage figures i have . if anyone knows id apprieciate it

jedi mart33

Re: card bubbles ?

I think recarding figures (likes reproducing accessories) is wrong for any reason. With that said, I think most folks who recard figures make their own bubbles and I'm not sure you can just buy them. But you might try one of the sponsors who sells vintage items and see what they have. Who knows you might get lucky.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

i dont think its a big deal recarding vintage figure's it extend the life of them ! didnt really come on here to debate the rights & wrongs of it just wanted to know where i could get bubbles from

jedimart33

Check this site out. You might come across some info on the bubbles. E-bay is another plave to look. I have seen vintage bubbles up for auction. Oh and a auto parts store is a good place too. The bubbles that the bolts and small parts come it will work sometimes.

http://www.ffurg.com/gallery/display...lbum=12&pos=19

Sam, why do you think it is wrong to recard? You make it sound like it's a sin. Before you buy a vintage figure from someone you do some research on the guy to make sure it's not a custom.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

thanks turbo will check it out !! dunno wot that other guy has against recards i have several figures that i have done a pro job & look superb !some of us cant afford to spend hundreds on original carded figures so its a cheaper alternative which look just as good .

jedi mart 33

Quote Originally Posted by jedimart33
    dunno wot that other guy has against recards.
    You'll find that the majority of 'serious' vintage collectors don't like the idea of recards etc etc.

There has been too many people in the past asking for repro bubbles, and cardbacks so that they can make their own, and then try to pass them off as originals.

I'm not saying that 'you' will do that, but it has happened many times in the past, and people are getting sick of it.

There was a guy on RS forums a while back wanting c10 loose Boba Fetts....guess what.......he then carded them, and put them on Ebay stating they were originals......they even had authenitic looking, but fake bubbles. Not much fun when people are paying $1000 for a 21bk, and finding it is a $10 fake.

As long as you are making them for your own personal collection, I see no harm.......but you can see peoples points in this.
    TK6540 of the UK Garrison

didnt really come on here to debate the rights & wrongs of it just wanted to know where i could get bubbles from
    I wasn't trying to start a debate, I was only trying to share what information I had about repro bubbles. But because it's a subject I feel very strongly about (as do many others), I also feel it is necessary to share that.

it extend the life of them !
    Who else thinks this is bull?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Sam, why do you think it is wrong to recard? You make it sound like it's a sin. Before you buy a vintage figure from someone you do some research on the guy to make sure it's not a custom.
    Sin maybe the wrong word, plague or scourge might be more accurate. jedi_uk73 does an excellent job of describing the problem, so I won't bother rehashing it.

Personally I'm a loose collector, but if I was I carded collector I would absolutely check out the person I was buying the figure from. With the prices of some carded figures you'd be stupid not to. If the person has a history of screwing people or selling junk what makes you think your going to be treated differently. Its like eBay. Do you buy from a seller with a lot of negative feedback? I don't. If you're going to shell out big bucks, you should be paying for the real thing.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

sure i agree 100 % percent with you guys i would never willing con people in passing off repro's as original's im just trying to get back abit of my collection that i was silly enough to sell in the first place its like my own way of some redemption i only collect for my personal collection now . but thanks for everyone's opinon's interesting to hear & sorry if i offended any original collectors .