Why did they make Luke's lightsaber on the Falcon WORSE?

Why is Luke's saber looking greenish when he first starts training with the remote on the Falcon?

Then it's white-ish with green tint, sometimes bluish, most of the time white?

EVERYONE knows that Luke's saber is blue and if everyone doesn't, certainly all the guys at ILM know this!

This HAD to be intentional. Why? It can have nothing to do with the story.

So it had to be some guy's whim. Anyone can have a whim - such as for Luke to train fighting a potato Ben tosses at him.

How did it get by EVERYONE at quality control from Van Ling to whomever?

Multiple people had to see it. They HAD to.

So then they let the INTENTIONAL change go by with full knowledge of it?

It has to be a conscious decision by a full STAFF - not some individual who ran out of blue ink!

What gives and will they ever give us a straight answer on this?

Re: Why did they make Luke's lightsaber on the Falcon WORSE?

Instead of admitting the screwed up, they'll try to explain it away and tell us that it only appears green because of the lighting aboard the Falcon or some garbage.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

This one thing makes me so crazy I would buy a new Star Wars DVD today if it wouldn't have that screwup. (Which is probably why they did it).

Well I'm sure George would explain it away as since he was in "Training Mode" the emitter beam is less intense so as not to inflict injury thus the difference in tint. Personally, I think this was intentionally done so as to give George an excuse to market the films again when he makes even more changes to the Ultimate Editions and on the commentary he will ramble on about how he was never quite satisfied with Luke's saber looking green and white during the training scene and how he wanted to go back and improve Jabba with version 3.0 which STILL won't look a thing like Jabba. Face it, George is going to keep making changes to these films for MANY years to come and all of us suckers will KEEP buying them and upgrading. You have to remember that Lucas is the master of marketing and merchandising. Anything that he can hold back to keep us wanting more he will.