Thread: Cardback photos

Cardback photos

Are some of the photos used for the vintage cardbacks taken from publicity shots done during filiming or from cut scenes? The photos tended to change somewhat starting with the ESB line. Especially for the bounty hunters and other secondary characters. I noticed this especially for the Bossk and Ig88 cards.

Re: Cardback photos

If you take a look at the book Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive, there are many examples of a costume reference photo side by side with the same photo on a cardback. Lots of the background aliens from Jabba's palace received this treatment for their cards; for example, Nikto, Klaatu Skiff, and Amanaman. I can't think of any figures who had their pictures taken from cut scenes, however.
    [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red][I]Knightfall: Star Wars Stockboy Supreme[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff][URL="http://www.xanga.com/red_megaranger"][/URL][/COLOR][/FONT]

Not trying to get too off-topic with this post, but do you think Sansweet will be making a revised edition soon at all?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack
    but do you think Sansweet will be making a revised edition soon at all?
    He says, "no." Because the Internet has such faster updates. But I say, "maybe a magazine" update. Hmm? Steve? Huh?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Yea, I mean I love this book but it was outdated before the FF waves if maybe he came out with a part two after the Episode III figures come out maybe?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

For a while, the Insider was continuing the book, but it stopped when it went to Lucasfilm. Maybe they'll bring it back someday.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram