Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Everyone watch Arrested Development this season!

This is, hands down, the funniest and best show on television right now, and it needs a boost. Please people, don't let this one fall by the way. There's far to much crap on television nowadays that just keeps getting renewed season after season, and it's a terrible shame that a show as hilarious and as great as this almost didn't get a second season! Come on people, you don't know what you're missing! From the first episode I was telling everyone that the show would be an Emmy hound, and it's already started! Lets all give it a chance at winning plenty more. I'm also predicting that if it gets a shot at continuing that we'll see plenty of great stars beign made here - there's lots of great talent involved. So come on! Give it a try at least! You won't be disappointed.

...and no, I don't work for the shows production company!

Re: Everyone watch Arrested Development this season!

Yeah, this show is easily the best new sitcom of last year, it's funnier than anything on this year either really. Not only is it incredibly witty and funny without requiring a stupid laughtrack, but it has a running storyline and great voice-overs by Ron Howard to boot. This is the best ensemble cast series since Seinfeld and probably will be the last great ensemble sitcom for quite a while.

I love the idea of Jason Bateman's where his character is going to have a relationship this season... with Justine Bateman! Too funny! They're apparently going to play it off like she has a strict religious background so they'll ALMOST kiss and then break it off. It's so wrong!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

OMG! Is that confirmed? That'd be frikkin' hilarious if it's true! I've said it before and it bears saying again - this show is the best!

I agree with you guys here, Arrested is Must See TV!

How many Emmy's did it end up winning?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I think it is confirmed, I know Jason Bateman was talking about it a few weeks ago.

I believe Arrested Development won the following Emmys:
    Comedy series Casting
    Comedy Series
    Comedy series Directing
    Comedy series Editing
    Comedy series Writing

Those last 3 were based on the pilot ep.
    and the show lost:
    Art Direction
    Supporting Comedy series Supporting Actor (Jeffrey Tambor)

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I think it is confirmed, I know Jason Bateman was talking about it a few weeks ago.

I believe Arrested Development won the following Emmys:
    Comedy series Casting
    Comedy Series
    Comedy series Directing
    Comedy series Editing
    Comedy series Writing

Those last 3 were based on the pilot ep.
    and the show lost:
    Art Direction
    Supporting Comedy series Supporting Actor (Jeffrey Tambor)
    Mark my words - if this show starts pulling in the kind of viewership it deserves, those Emmys will be the first of many.

Jeffrey Tambor is great (as always), but it okay that he lost because Tony Hale's "Buster" is actually the best supporting performance on the show. He just needs a little more time to gain the necessary recognition from the television academy. His arc as the boyfriend of Liza Minelli's "Lucille Austero" was one of the most hilarious stories of the first season, and one of the best I've ever seen in episodic television. Speaking of Liza, I am so not a fan of hers except on this show. For the first time ever I have actually been able to appreciate her particular brand of talent.

I get the feeling this show is an annoyance to Fox, they know it's good on many levels but they don't know why and they don't know how to exploit it for ratings.

I totally agree with you on Liza, she was terribly funny on this show.

I've been watching a marathon of this on FX today and it's been keeping me laughing every episode. Good stuff. I'm sorry I ignored it when it was first aired.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Tonight's episode helped to wash down that terrible taste the Simpsons left. I'm glad I caught that FX marathon to put me on to this show. I'll try to make it a part of my Sunday night schedule.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Who else caught last night's episode? Funniest episode so far! I nearly peed my pants during the flashback of the young Buster throwing what he thought was housekeeper Rosa's favorite toy (the hand-vac) at what he thought was Rosa's car (the city bus)! It's been quite a long time since I've laughed that hard at a television show. Linsay's declaration to put on a short skirt and take her panties off to make Pop-pop proud - at his funeral no less - was equally as hilarious! Watching her attending her father's funeral in a short skirt and "Slut" t-shirt in an efforts to woo Bounty Hunter Ice is destined to be one of the all-time classic sitcom scenes in my book!