Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Celebration III: What are your Expectations?!?!?

Agreed...I went to work that next am on 4 hours sleep. 1 hotel had every night open but Friday after I nearly finished booking with them. What gives? The room I eventually got(semi-nearby) is probably close to $150 night with the tax. Where was the discount we were promised...sure couldn't be it. I have never been to a Gen-Con run show...I pray when we all show up, it won't be a repeat of CELEBRATION I...weather aside. So far...not too impressed with their handling of things.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Downtown hotels are a lot more expensive than one would imagine. Most "nice" hotels run about $170-$220/night. That's just stupid to me. By the time I get done staying somewhere for five days, I could have made a rent payment for a larger apartment or most of a mortgage payment with that money.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

A Smaller, Very Unkown Planet in the Uncharted System of Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    Downtown hotels are a lot more expensive than one would imagine. Most "nice" hotels run about $170-$220/night. That's just stupid to me. By the time I get done staying somewhere for five days, I could have made a rent payment for a larger apartment or most of a mortgage payment with that money.
    i ended up going outside the "discount" that gen-con gave and booked the econolodge through orbitz about 1.5 miles from the con for like 78 dollars a night average from 20-25...pretty good deal considering the discount site had the same room for 99 a night!?!

back to the topic: i've never been to a con of any sort other than a leadership convention for collegiate student government (not much fun). so, my expectations of this event are nil...i'm expecting to have fun, meet a bunch of people that i know from online, take tons of pics, get some autos, see some stars, which all sound like fun to me: a guy who hasn't really had a personal vacation in about three years! so that's what i'm expecting...
    [FONT=Century Gothic]"what happens in Indy, stays in Indy..."
    -tycho [/FONT]

I agree - not giving us notice that you would have to sign up for a Gen Con account before buying your tickets was really ridiculous. People could have been signing up/reigstering with GEN CON weeks before hand rather than clogging the site just to sign up before even buying tickets.

Registration just wasn't handled well at all. I hope things improve from here on out for SW CIII

Jeff