Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Celebration III: What are your Expectations?!?!?

Well, well, well. . . now that we've all spent a day or two getting our admission badges, and reserving our hotel rooms its time to think about the actual event!!! So what is it that you are looking forward to next April? What events do you hope will be hosted? Who do you really want to meet? I'm sure most of the stuff is already in the works, but maybe we can get some suggestions out there as well. This is my first Celebration, so I'm sure some of my wishes have already taken place in previous installments. Well. . . Here it goes:

We all know there are going to be numerous guests, but who do you hope makes an appearance?

I would love to see:
    Christopher Lee
    Liam Neeson
    all of the Jabba Puppeteer's
    a Bounty Hunter reuinion (Although I believe Alan Harris-Bossk) doesn't travel overseas)
    Battle of Yavin reunion (not sure how many you'd get, but to get the Rebels Pilots in one room would be cool.)

I think "themed" guests would be cool, but I'd be excited for anyone really. I didn't want to list all of the "big" names, but felt I had to put at least two up there. I understand the chance of any of them coming is miniscule, but it is a wishlist, right?

I want to see a lot of interactive stuff. Trading Card Game, Roleplaying Game, the new miniatures, video games, all being demonstrated would be cool. I don't really play those games, but would love to try them with other SW fans.

I remember reading about a concert last time. . . that sounds pretty neat. Especially after seeing the DVD, and John Williams conducting the orchestra while SW was playing sans sound in the background was incredible!!!!

Speakers, dealers, yadda-yadda. . . the normal convention stuff. Don't forget the little things that always happen, and keep us going to the "smaller" conventions.

A breakfast or two would be cool. I think the fan club has done this at previous events. I've yet to experience one so if anyone has anything to share, please do.

Oh yeah, and finally. . . show some films!!!! Cartoons, rare footage, DELETED SCENES!!!!! I know the stuff will never see the light of a DVD, but show it to us in person!!! That would be the coolest!!!!

Eh. . . I probably went on too much, and most definitely left out some important aspects. . . but that's where you all come in!!!!!
    So what do you want to see??????
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Re: Celebration III: What are your Expectations?!?!?

I have no expectation... other than I will be with a bunch of other geeks who have a passion for the same films I have a passion for. I'm just going to go and be surprised... sorta like when I saw "A New Hope" in 1977!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

If it was anything like the registration then lots of waiting and a little disorganization.

I was on at the sw celebration launch and it only took me about 11 hours to check out with my tickets. Pages wouldn't load, error messages, etc. etc. Why you would put on a convention of this size and then have only one way (online) of registering is beyond me. I would of thought they could have cut down a little on the amount of traffic to the site if they let fan club members register first. Reminded me of the launch of starwarshop followed by the damaged merchandise from improper packing.

I hope they get their act together by April because it has the potential of being a really great convention or a disaster.

They really should have allowed people to register at their leisure over the last couple weeks and then open the gates to get the tickets. It would have been a little less of a problem, I think.

well, Im kinda bummed at the fact they either have a 4 day pass or a 1 day pass.. I wanted to stay for two days but damn... I think the stuff Id have to go through to make that happen may not be worth it.. wow.. did I just say that? why cant they make two day passes?

thats not saying Im out. Just saying I may narrow it down to a one day trip like last time. hmm..
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

My "negative" expectation, was that being a Fan Club member will have little to no impact on the trip. So far, I'm pretty dead on. I ws really peeved when they raised the price, and actually waited a while to renew (with the only reason being that I wanted to be a member for Celebration.) I'm wondering if that was a mistake. They could have made it easier for Fan Club members to register (earleir perhaps,) but no. And, correct me if I'm wrong, we didn't see any special benefit to being a Fan Club member yet. Hotels were booked from the link after registration (not Fan Club oriented.) So now, what if they hold true to their word and offer dicounted hotel rates to Fan Club members??? I would assume most of us have already booked, seeing how ridiculous things were opening day of registration. So as I see it now, I'm able to get in an hour early each day. I hope this means my guest can get in early too, otherwise that will royally suck. "Sorry, but your brother will have to wait an hour to get in, he's not a member. . . "

I expect more than this. . .

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    They really should have allowed people to register at their leisure over the last couple weeks and then open the gates to get the tickets. It would have been a little less of a problem, I think.
    My thoughts exactly!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I'm glad you are on the same page with me on this. The whole while that I was trying to get on the site, I kept thinking: They knew that there was going to be a problem with their server being able to handle all of these transactions. They should have allowed the registrations to occur in the weeks before the on-sale. The only thing that should have been taking place on the 27th was the purchase of the badges.

GAH!!!

I'm driving in from Cleveland the morning the convention opens. I am hoping to get to the venue around 10:30... if all goes well. If not, I have 3 more days to see everything!

I wholeheartedly agreed. What took the most time for me is registering, and getting a GenCon account so that I could purchase my badges. You can get a GenCon account anytime!?!?! A little "heads-up" that we would've needed that would have alleviated some of the headaches. The starwarscelebration site has been up for some time now. . . you think they could've put a little blurb saying:

"In order to register for Celebration III you'll need a GenCon accout. . . click here to get yours!!!!!!"

Instead we get a press release, and a migrane come registration time. . .

At least registration is all behind us now. . .

A Smaller, Very Unkown Planet in the Uncharted System of Oregon

their site was alright that evening at around midnight PST...but i too waited all morning to try and get my badge which was very annoying. my thought is why didn't they get larger servers? they knew and even forecast this as being the biggest celebration ever, so why not beef up their end of the internet transaction to handle the amount of people they think they will get? simple really...
    [FONT=Century Gothic]"what happens in Indy, stays in Indy..."
    -tycho [/FONT]