Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Asajj Ventress: Dark Jedi on Dagobah?

Ok this is total speculation on my part AND it is important to note that I don't read the comics at all. But is it possible that Asajj Ventress is the "Dark Jedi" that Dies on Dagobah, thus allowing for Yoda to hide himself? I mean, is her ability to use the dark side strong enough to hide him? Yoda would be one of the few (I'm guessing) to know where she died. So if she does die on Dagobah is it possible? What do you all think? (unless she already died, then I would feel pretty dumb, ha)

Oh yeah if this is in the wrong place, I apologize!

Re: Asajj Ventress: Dark Jedi on Dagobah?

In the Clone Wars Cartoon she dies on Yavin IV.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

In the EU, it is exlained that it is Jorus C'Boath on dagaobah. Read the HEir to the Empire books.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I did watch the cartoons but Asajj Ventress DIDN'T die on Yavin. From her Databank entry: (Speaking of the battle on Yavin 4):

So skilled was she, Asajj even proved to be a challenge to the fabled Chosen One of Jedi legend. To defeat her, Anakin needed the edge granted by giving into anger. In a furious counter-attack, young Skywalker repulsed Ventress, who nevertheless survived.

As for Heir to the Empire, I just finished that series and I don't remember anything about C'baoth being on Dagobah, maybe I need to Re-read it?

It would be very convenient (maybe too convenient) for her to die there because it would explain why Yoda flees there after ROTS assuming he is one of the few to know of her demise (if he does flee directly after/during ROTS, I'm spoiler free too).

So is it still possible? Yes? No? Probably not? We'll have to wait and see?

Last edited by ZachAttack; 09-30-2004 at 11:00 AM.

It was in the other Timothy Zahn series (the Hand of Thrawn Duology, I think) that tells of a crazed Dark Jedi who hijacked a smuggler's ship to Dagobah. Yoda met them upon arrival and battled the Dark Jedi for days until he was defeated. The smuggler changed his ways and went on to become some sort of Force user, though of a different variety than the Jedi.

It was the Dark Jedi's residual presence that was in the cave.
    Clones, clones, the wonderful troops!
    The more there are, the more they shoot!
    The more they shoot, the higher you score,
    so bring your clones to every war!

But in the Heir books, Luke goes back into the cave to finds something left in there thta was putting out evil. It belonged ot C'Boath
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Okay, I know Asajj survived Yavin, since she shows up in comics that are later in chronology.

And I know if was a Bpfasshi Dark Jedi who Yoda killed on Dagobah, presumably around the time of the Clone Wars, but one story from the (not always trustworthy) Star Wars Tales comic places it centuries earlier, when Yoda was a Padawan.

As for C'Baoth leaving something there, it's been over 10 years since I read the Zahn Trilogy, and I'm not recalling that detail. I could just be forgetting, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I thought that a transmitter from a ship was emitting from the cave in the Heir books. As I recall R2 detected it in the cave and Luke retrieved it. As for the Hand of Thrawn, I haven't read it so I can't comment.

Thats what it was. And it might have been planted by Thrawn. I dont remember the details of it. I do know it led Luke ot C'Boath

No, Luke had a vision in the cave of a red-headed woman catching his light saber at the Pit of Carkoon and thus dooming him. It was Mara Jade. If she had been able to be present at the execution, she would have suceeded in killing Luke.

As for C'Boath, he was calling through the Force to Luke. Luke, wary but eager to meet another Jedi, sought him out.
    Last edited by tgr3328; 09-30-2004 at 02:03 PM.
    Clones, clones, the wonderful troops!
    The more there are, the more they shoot!
    The more they shoot, the higher you score,
    so bring your clones to every war!