Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If the Star Wars TV Series has a toy line, would you buy into it?

Chances look good that in Fall 2006 (2 years from now), there will be a live-action (not cartoon but real actor) Star Wars TV series going down.

If Hasbro has the license to 2018, (and they do), it will be likely that they'll make action figures from this TV show.

While we don't even know if the show will focus on movie characters as principles, or all new characters in the SW universe, or even already established EU characters, if Hasbro makes figures, efficient marketing management would dictate releasing the figures BEFORE the series even airs.

Would you buy figures of known or unknown characters played by new actors before you even saw the series? Like what if they start with an exclusive limited sneak preview character that would start you off on this collection?

What if ships and vehicles, beasts and playsets became part of this collection?

How far would you go?

We have determined in other threads that there are approximately 211 or so more characters from the 5 movies that Hasbro could possibly do original versions of. Episode 3 will probably lend 100 to that fold.

Many of us are out of room, or could barely accomodate another 300, some E3 ships and vehicles, and then that would be pushing it.

When do you want to stop?

What will you do if they release figures for a TV series, especially before it even airs?

Re: If the Star Wars TV Series has a toy line, would you buy into it?

I buy everything so I don't see where this would be any different. As far as where I would want to stop that would depend highly on the quality of the show. I hope they don't use any of the main characters simply because most story arcs have been done in the EU. Although they could do a Clone Wars era show without to much trouble, but still without the original actors using main characters would suck.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I wouldn't buy them. I will stick with the film characters... unless the actor or actress is really hot or something.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'm a brainwashed Star Wars consumer, so I'll buy everything whether I like it or not.

If they are interesting figures, yes, I will buy them.

There is much they could do with this kind of series. It could be set long ago during the Sith Wars or sometime during the reign of the Old Republic. It could be set 25 - 30 years after the OT, but with new characters. The original actors could even make cameo appearances since they would appear about the right age.
    Clones, clones, the wonderful troops!
    The more there are, the more they shoot!
    The more they shoot, the higher you score,
    so bring your clones to every war!

At this point, no. I've completely lost my interest to collect the modern lines. I'm keeping what I have, but not getting any more at this point. And any TV show live or animated I see as by like Droids or Ewoks or the Ewok movies, junk and totally dismissed by most of the fans.

If I were to buy these I go with my old habits and buy the figures, vehicles and playsets (if any). Stuff not in the show I would be hesitant to get.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I would buy them only if I liked the show. If I didnt then I wouldnt, unless they were pretty darn cool.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Too soon to tell, but I'd need to see pictures of the product before saying I'd buy something. I suppose it would all depend on how well the figures blend with other figures in the collection. Personally I'd like to see a TV series that didn't stray too far into EU, perhaps centering around the adventures of a younger Boba Fett or Han Solo.

So long as the figures are in the 3-3/4" scale, yes. Whether I buy the beasts, vehicles, and playsets depends on whether I like the new series. I do this now with the prequels; I buy all the figures, but I'm not that enthusiastic about getting all the other crap. I do try to collect almost all new 3-3/4" scale OT product. But those were superior films and the toys based on them evoke a greater sense of nostalgia for me.

Um... yes.

If the show was good, then yes. If the show stunk, then the toys would bomb, go on clearance, and then I'd still buy them. Yep, unless Hasbro freaked out and started making their toys out of wood, I'd probably buy some.
    plasticfetish.net