View Poll Results: How do you feel about Aayla Secura being in Episode 2?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's great! They should add more EU characters!

107 44.96%
  • I don't like this at all. Comic characters should stay in the comic books.

15 6.30%
  • It doesn't make any difference - she's just a background extra.

45 18.91%
  • I never heard of Aayla Secura before now.

71 29.83%

How do you feel about Aayla Secura being in Episode 2?

It's been announced at The Official Site that comic book character Aayla Secura's design impressed George Lucas and he ordered wardrobe and make-up to suit up a live actress to play the Twi'lek Jedi apprentice in pick-up scenes being added to Episode 2: Attack of the Clones.

Aayla is the padawan of rogue Jedi Master Quinlan Vos, and niece of a Ryloth Clan Leader who was killed by Quinlan in an accident when the pair were investigating her uncle's ties to a plot with Senator Orm Fre Taa that could have linked him with the Trade Federation. Both Jedi's memories were wiped and much of their training lost in an attempt to neutralize their investigation without having to resort to outright killing them. The plan was not effective against the Jedi, and they kept on fighting - though now neither is really sure just who the real enemy is anymore. And both of them walk a dangerous line between the Light and the Dark Side of the Force.

Now fans will have the chance to see Aayla on the Big Screen in Attack of the Clones. Enthusiastic fans are already being encouraged by like-minded folks to write Dark Horse Comics' E-mail address and keep up a steady campaign to have Aayla's master Quinlan Vos also cast and inserted into the pick-up scenes fighting by his padawan's side. Vilmah Grahrk and A'Sharad Hett are other fan favorite picks and Dark Horse is thrilled at seeing their character conributions to the Star Wars universe get so much fan support, they are forwarding your requests to Lucasfilm, which has been supportive of the idea of including other familiar characters in pick-up scenes where extras are required.

What do you think about this incredible new direction George is taking with the Expanded Universe? First vote in our poll and then discuss your reactions here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aayla and quin.jpg  

It doesn't make any difference - she's just a background extra.

and she has no lines at all so its not really important at all,Plus with all the Jedi in the arena we probably wont even see her at all!

I started a thread about Aayla Secura,remember to check it out
    here
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Just another example of how awry the Prequels have gone and are going. Instead of being a story about the primary events surrounding the downfall of the Republic*, the prequels have become nothing more than a soap-opera-ish Expanded Universe tale. Nothing wrong with extraneous stories, but they should have been kept to the comic books.

* The original trilogy was primarily about the Rebellion and its struggle to overthrow the Empire. Vader's background with Luke was nothing more than a subplot in the same vein as the romance between Han and Leia. While interesting and at times crucial to the developing main plot, none of the subplots took over as the primary story.

Who?

And why should I care again?

I'm beginning to feel that George is simply running out of ideas. How else can you explain his tapping EU for characters?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Um, hello? who? She isn't a character she's a prop. george liked the idea of a Twi'Lek jedi and saw her in some artwork. he liked the design not the character. She's just one more dead jedi to George. A stunt woman with a head piece on, lekku flying in the wind, somewhere out in the background....

It isn't going to be this Aayla Secura on screen, just a Twi'Lek chick with a lightsaber.

UPDATE:
    Of course I won't say no to a twi'lek jedi action figure.
    Last edited by Jargo; 12-26-2001 at 10:08 PM.

I guess george needed as much and as many different Jedi for the "arena" scene in the end,saw her and wanted her in the background for the scene. We probably wont even see her at all

Where are all the fanboys?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

EU characters included in the movies

I have voiced my opinion on this topic at least a half dozen times. I think it is great the GL is doing this as I have always thought that his not doing it was somewhat selfish and narrow-minded. For him to share the creative desk with others (I know he has shared it before in other ways) is a great indicator of his opening up a little and, lends a (VERY) small bit of credence to the EU validity in the Star Wars continuum.

Now I know that some of you are purists and don't want anything that didn't come from the mind of GL to be included in the SW universe, and you have that right, and there are some things that I don't particularly agree with as well, but to me, after everything is said and done, the more Star Wars the better.

One question I have is...Is "Fellowship Of The Ring" having anything to do with the decision? And my opinion is probably not...Emperor Jargo was probably right on the money with his opinion of why her design is being used. And if her background is used it is probably just to save GL and his gurus the time of having to create it themselves.

It is nice to think that this may be some kind of outreach to the EU fans...but we will never know for sure. I am just going to enjoy it.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.