View Poll Results: Where do you get most of your Star Wars collectibles?

Voters
506. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toys R Us

58 11.46%
  • Wal-mart

170 33.60%
  • Target

167 33.00%
  • K-mart

4 0.79%
  • KB Toys

3 0.59%
  • SW Fan Club

1 0.20%
  • E-tailers

67 13.24%
  • Local mom & pop stores

0 0%
  • Comic/specialty shops

19 3.75%
  • Other

17 3.36%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Where do you get the majority of your Star Wars toys?

It's been quite a while since we last posed this question, and in that time, the buying patterns of the collecting base have changed, and a few major retailers have fallen to the wayside. So this poll is here to find out where collectors have been picking up their swag lately, is it the $750 billion dollar giant, the big red circle, the talking giraffe with the messy stores, or another avenue?

Re: Where do you get the majority of your Star Wars toys?

I get most of it from the top 3, Toys R Us, Walmart, and Target. Next would be Kmart and KB toys. Target is number 1 this week, $3.88 for figures, I'm stocking up on new ones. I'm also price matching around town at the other stores listed.

Since I personally and behind on my collecting KB Toys got my vote although Target would get a close second, you can't really go wrong with KB and the way they sell some figures for $2.99.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I always get my toys from EE that way I get case fresh figures & I always get all the figures released. i know that some times (most of the time) I get repeats it nice since I'm both an opener and a MOC collector

Target gets most of my toy dollars, Star Wars and otherwise. The only time i'll purchase something from WallyWorld (i get almost physically ill walking through the doors) is if it's an exclusive and not available anywhere else. TRU is where i rarely find something new, but i don't hesitate to pick it up if its on their shelves. i only use e-tailers for older merchandise to round out my collection of previous lines and the rare exclusive that eludes me.

I voted Other because it tends to vary.
    I usually go to Target if possible, but my local Target is terrible at stocking new stuff.
    As of late, Wal-Mart has had quite a few newer figs, though I haven't bought one there in ages. Evil, evil place.
    Meijer's (a mainly mid-west dept. store chain - I think) has had a lot of good, new figures lately and they've gotten my last couple purchases.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

A while back (can't remember when) I signed up for the One of Every Figure Club at Kebcotoys.com. I grew increasingly discontent with the poor distribution at the major popular retailers like Target and Toys R Us. Forget Walmart or Kmart. Completely worthless trips every single time. IF there is an exclusive, I usually make an honest attempt to find it at retail, but usually the effort is in vain so I end up back on the internet. I do still visit TRU and Target in case I want to pick up some army builders or a new vehicle, but for the most part, my collectables come to me. Less gas. Less hassle. Less frustration. More time to play.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    A while back (can't remember when) I signed up for the One of Every Figure Club at Kebcotoys.com. I grew increasingly discontent with the poor distribution at the major popular retailers like Target and Toys R Us. Forget Walmart or Kmart. Completely worthless trips every single time. IF there is an exclusive, I usually make an honest attempt to find it at retail, but usually the effort is in vain so I end up back on the internet. I do still visit TRU and Target in case I want to pick up some army builders or a new vehicle, but for the most part, my collectables come to me. Less gas. Less hassle. Less frustration. More time to play.
    Ditto although I have thought to go back. I never had that hard of a time and it was something to do with my lunch break. Plus it is hard to resist seeing something in the store and having to put it back because it will be coming someday in the mail.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Target mostly... I have something like five of them around me. I do hit Wal*Mart often. Again, there's five of them around me, so as much as I dislike the place, it's there. (That should be their motto, "You may hate us, but we're here.") Toys R Us rarely has anything that I need, and the place is mess, but... maybe someday they'll pull it together. K-Mart has been kind of a surprise lately. The store near me really seems to be trying to not be Wal*Mart, so it's been OK to shop there -- and I've been finding things there also. KB toys is a complete waste of time (really sad.) There are no smaller options around me, the local comic shop pretty much gave up on Star Wars a while ago. I generally don't find it fun to shop online, so I simply don't do it -- not to mention, I like being able to see and handle things before I decide to buy them.
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 10-05-2004 at 04:46 AM.
    plasticfetish.net

KEBCO is the front runner. One of every fig and deluxe fig. Vehicles at TRU, and of course if there is an exclusive elsewhere, I'll try to get it there, but I am not really near a targetor Walmart or Kmart...so eBay is usually my way of obtaining these.