Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Macy Gray is talented, but. . . .

. . . she is going to burn for all eternity for what she did to "Walk This Way."

No for this one!

And don't it, either. You'll only encourage more such crap.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Macy Gray is talented, but. . . .

Back when her first album came out she was on MTV having an interview and she kept saying like 50 times, "my new album dropping" "my new album dropping"
    "my new album dropping""my new album dropping""my new album dropping"....
    I told myself "if she promote her album one more time, I'm smashing the TV....."
    well............I was preoccupied at the moment.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

That cover goes right up there with one of the most horrific displays of cover songs ever. I agree, no or for her. she gets the :slap:
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It's almost as bad as Lenny Kravitz's American Woman.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

OH my god, who's the idiot that signed this American Idol reject? Her voice is hard to listen to. It makes me kind of sick.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 10-08-2004 at 11:38 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Well if I guess this is what $!@# sound like
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

I bet Caesar likes it.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

You know there aren't many cover songs that are good. I just wish they would stay original. Oh and that reminds me of 311. They came up with that all entertainer come original, but then they did a cover song from the Cure. LOL
    Last edited by Turbowars; 10-09-2004 at 11:40 AM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Her voice drives me up a wall................... I have to mute it everytime it comes on.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

When Run-DMC covered this tune back in the day, their version was considered a revolutionary, visionary classic, melding the worlds of rap and rock in a way nobody ever really thought possible on a mainstream level, and in many ways, gave a newfound respect to the fledgling rap music scene from widespread audiences throughout America.

What Macy Gray has done to this tune is totally the opposite, she mangles this tune like a tone-deaf American Idol-wannabe, and in the most unfocused way possible, creating absolutely no bridge between her brand of hip-hop/R&B and the bluesy-hard rock tone of the original band, all the while amplifying the worst aspects of her unique style.

Steve is right, when the commercial with this comes on TV, I change the channel. I'm all for trying something new, but not only is her rendition not new, it's horribly unlistenable to the point of abject irritation.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.