Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Your all-time favorite SW scene.

With all of the threads about what you don't like about the SW Saga I thought I'd try and bring out the good in the movies by asking what you do like about them. Almost everyone has a favorite part or scene(s) from all of the movies and I personally would like to read what they are.

My favorite is only about 3 seconds long and happens in Empire. During the Battle of Hoth right after Gen. Veers asks the distance to the power generator and gets the answer "1-7 decimal 2-8" a snowspeeder comes in at the AT-AT he's commanding and the AT-AT kicks out it's rear leg and rocks back on it and fires the side guns of the cockpit and takes out the speeder. For some reason this has always been my favorite scene because of how such a big machine can do such a precise move to get a better footing. It's by no stretch a main scene in the movie but it's the little things like that that make the SW movies great to watch.

I couldn't find an all encompassing SW movie section so I put it in the Classic Trilogy section but that by no means restricts you from having a favorite TPM or AOTC scene to write about.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Re: Your all-time favorite SW scene.

That is a good scene, I wish they could do that in Battlefront.

I love the entire Hoth Battle. I love the AT-AT's. I also dig the fight at Carkoon. Especially when Crumb is poking out 3PO's eye.(That needs a figure made of him)
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'll go with the "I am your father" scene.

My favourite bits are often accompanied by a particular piece of John williams scoring that I love. What first comes to mind is in ESB when the Falcon is flying away from cloud city and Luke calls out to Leia. The force theme builds up while Leia persuades chewie to turn the ship around and Lando protests only to be barked down by chewie. Then I love the shot of the Falcon flying under a cloud and pulling up to fly back over it towards camera.

Oh and then soon after, Lando's confusion at the hyperdrive failure "they told me they fixed it...I trusted them to fix it! Its not my fault!" Then chewie shoving past him.

Hmm . . . I like so much of it, it's hard to pick just one. From each movie, though:
    *Theed Hangar Duel
    *Geonosis Arena/Hangar Duel
    *Death Star Trench Run ("Yahoo!")
    *"I am your father"
    *Endor Celebration
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I love that AT AT move as well. It's those little things that add up to a lot.

I think my favorite moment in a Star Wars movie is when Vader is looking back and forth from Electrified Luke to Demonic Emperor in ROTJ. As if by magic, somehow through lighting, camera angle, and Prowse's acting, you really get the sense of his angst. No facial expressions required and they still pull it off. The same kind of moment occurs on the Endor gantry right after Luke is taken away. Vader takes a moment to stand alone, thinking about everything. I'm continually blown away by those non-dialogue shots where a million thoughts are expressed. That's quality filmmaking!

The whole geonisis Action sequence, i love the introduction of the clone army in such a kick @$$ fashion. love the part when the jedi are getting into the ships and a clone geys in front of the camera shoting his rifle
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    I think my favorite moment in a Star Wars movie is when Vader is looking back and forth from Electrified Luke to Demonic Emperor in ROTJ.
    I cannot stand that scene for one reason: the disappearing / reappearing fingerprints on Vader's helmet! It's one of those things that once you see it, you see it every time.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

So many scenes...how about one from each movie?
    1 - Obi-wan & Qui-Gon vs. Maul. It was the lightsaber fight we waited 16 years for.
    2 - Obi-Wan vs. Jango. What a down and dirty fight...considering it's in the rain. (2nd choice: Anakin getting ticked and slaughtering the Tuskens)
    4 - The opening scene up to Vader's entrance. What a way to start a saga! (2nd choice: The Cantina)
    5 - Vader vs. Luke. Ending in the ultimate shocker. (2nd choice: "I Know.")
    6 - Vader vs. Luke Round 2. When Luke cuts of Vader's hand then looks at his own robotic hand and realizes he's about to become his father.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    I cannot stand that scene for one reason: the disappearing / reappearing fingerprints on Vader's helmet! It's one of those things that once you see it, you see it every time.

Damn. Now that's ALL I'll notice next time...

... or not. I think I can live with it being that the point of the scene is much more powerful than any minor technical glitches that might be there.

I also have always loved the moment on Bespin when Vader holds Fett back while Chewy is having his tantrum. Very telling moment regarding Vader there. In fact, I think that it is one moment that we haven't really ever discussed as to what it says about what else might be going on under that mask... hmm