Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

McFarlane's Dragons!!

Ok, I'm no fan of McFarlane. The man's business practices and shoddy figures have annoyed me beyond belief. But I actually have to praise him in this case, because I think the line looks cool. Especially for a line of figures that arn't based on any movies. The first pictures of one of the figures in the 6" line "Eternal Clan Dragon", was revealed today, and I'm pretty stunned by the sheer beauty of the piece. Here's hoping the final product doesn't suffer from poor paint apps. I have to say, I'd love to see McFarlane do more stuff like this, than it's bastardization of Wizard of Oz or Fairy Tales.
    McFARLANE'S DRAGONS: QUEST FOR THE LOST KING

A great cataclysm struck the dragon nation, killing the king, destroying their civilization and causing the disappearance of the sole heir to the dragon throne, the king's son. The dragons that survived the great disaster fled to many hidden points of the globe.

Humanity rose to power, inventing its own language and writing, and building the Earth's dominant culture. But when a dragon that seems to have the gift of speech is sighted by men, all bets are suddenly off. How will the two species interact? Will there be peace between dragon and man? Or war?

ETERNAL CLAN DRAGON
    FIRE CLAN DRAGON
    KOMODO CLAN DRAGON
    SORCERERS CLAN DRAGON
    WATER CLAN DRAGON
    BERSERKER CLAN DRAGON VS. HUMAN ATTACKER DELUXE BOXED SET

January 2005
    http://www.spawn.com/toys/series.aspx?series=268
    http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=2614

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 10-08-2004 at 10:50 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: McFarlane's Dragons!!

And here's a photo of breaking points and where glue will be applied to keep your figure looking great for about a year.

After that, don't handle it anymore or the thing will probably melt or explode or something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragon1.gif 
Views:	35 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	9270  
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    And here's a photo of breaking points and where glue will be applied to keep your figure looking great for about a year.

After that, don't handle it anymore or the thing will probably melt or explode or something.
    The sad part is, most of that isn't even probably an exaggeration.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Oh, I know it, too.

There's a reason I didn't buy a second Robocop to open up and display.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

McF just put out a dragon in the new wave of Spawn, I saw it at TRU the other day, it looked good though it suffered from paint app issues, but for some reason I really didn't feel drawn to it at all. These look more appealing, but the breakage factor is so much of an issue to me that I really don't know how I can justify buying them (since I am an opener).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It looks very nice. It says on the website that these are in 6" scale, and they are in clamshell packaging. That doesn't sound right to me. 6" scale would make these things huge, way too big to fit on a clamshell IMO.

I'm interested in seeing the rest of the line.... might just have to buy these if the price is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    McF just put out a dragon in the new wave of Spawn, I saw it at TRU the other day, it looked good though it suffered from paint app issues, but for some reason I really didn't feel drawn to it at all. These look more appealing, but the breakage factor is so much of an issue to me that I really don't know how I can justify buying them (since I am an opener).
    Do you mean the dragon in the Conan line? Or is there another McFarlane dragon I don't know about?

This line is looking pretty incredible! I can't wait to see the others. I've been waiting for McFarlane to do something like this for a long time. It good to see that they can produce something that doesn't need to be spattered in blood
    and gore.

Dang RooJay, I was *just* coming on to make that correction about it being in the Conan line. Now I look like a total goob.

I suspect these pics are roughly the size of the actual figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah I hope the dragons don't turn out to be as small as the Fire Dragon in the Conan line. They look great IMO, and I don't see them breaking all that much. McF's gotten a little better on that whole thing- except with the Matrix and AvP stuff.

The dragons will probably be kind of small, the picture gives off a feel of 12" or so, but I'm guessing it'll be a 6" line. I'd guess that's a 2-up, but as long as they make'em big enough in the 6" scale it will hopefully still be good.

Too bad they won't do a subline based on the dragon mythos for Reign of Fire.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Dang RooJay, I was *just* coming on to make that correction about it being in the Conan line. Now I look like a total goob.

I suspect these pics are roughly the size of the actual figures.
    LOL! Hey, ain't no thang man. I wasn't trying to point out your mistake. Just an honest question; I really wasn't sure if I had missed something. It's been a while since I've bought a Spawn figure, so I haven't really been up on what's out there.