Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I agree with that. Even though I liked the movie it was disappointing. It could have been so much better.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

If LFL announced that Corran Horn was an actual background character in the OT people would be dying to snatch him up. He was after all an X-Wing pilot!

Anyhow, just a couple of points to clear up.

First of all, I LOVED the Zahn trilogy. In fact everyone I know that has read it loved it. This is the first time I have heard people say they didn't enjoy it. As for Stackpole and the rest.....well? There are better authors out there.

Emperor Jargo:

"The coincidence factor in all of them is so great that it goes off the coincidence scale."

Is that kinda like Luke Skywalker ending up with a droid that has a message from his secret twin sister, who is being abducted by their secret father, that was meant for one of only 2 people in the whole galaxy who could train him to be a Jedi?

"So there will probably never be a true EU line until the film cannon characters have been mined dry."

Two problems with that.

First, they already made an EU line, two in fact. One was called "Expanded Universe" and the other was called "Shadows of the Empire".

Second, the film cannon characters will NEVER be mined dry. They will continue until the line dies, and even then we will not have all of the films characters. You can thank endless re-sculpts for that.

On a side note, EU does exist in the regular SW line. Although in limited amounts. Darth Maul's "Sith Attack Speeder" (Invasion Force) was not in the movie. Nither was Obi-Wan with Gungan Sub (Invasion Force).

I think Hasbro will continue to give us EU stuff every now and then. We are seeing more of it in the POTJ line.

Wolfwood319:

"And if they come out with EU figures or an EU line, I won't buy any of them."

I will not reiterate that Hasbro did come out with an EU line (2 in fact) or that they have made EU stuff and incorperated it into the regular lines. It is good that you have no interest in these, because they're EXPENSIVE enough as it is.

However, it is unfortunate that Leia in Boushh Disguise was originaly released as and EU figure (not counting the vintage line). Does this mean that you can't get one? JK

Yes this is a split debate, and I'm not knocking anybody, it's all in fun. But there is a demand for EU out there. How else do you explain the high prices for EU figures? And so long as there is a demand Hasbro will attempt to capitalize.

Currently they are incorperating a few EU figs in the POTJ line, in the past they gave them their own lines. What will the future bring?!?!.....

BLUE STAR WARS cards. The only thing we collectors can be sure of. The one thing it all comes down to.....

Blue Star Wars cards people......

Blue Star Wars cards.
    May the force be with you.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    BLUE STAR WARS cards. The only thing we collectors can be sure of. The one thing it all comes down to.....

Blue Star Wars cards people......

Blue Star Wars cards.

The only "blue" Star Wars card is a sad Star Wars card. Probably cuz it doesn't have a Classic Trilogy figure in it...

Red face

Yeah, EU figures are insanely expensive, I paid four times the normal price for Mara Jade!
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

I personally don't like the new card look. It looks like a combination of retro styling with the campiness of current action figure cards. Most of the E2 figures we've seen have those stupid action poses, and overall I have very little hope for getting something I really want next year, OT wise.

As for EU stuff in the POTJ line;

First I didn't buy any of it cause it was all based on E1 stuff, and they were based on characters that did appear in a film, only in different "EU" costumes. And they looked real bad IMO. There were no figures of characters that only appeared in the books, comics, etc.

As for Shadows and the POTF EU line, I got the Leia Boushh when it was released on the green card, and I never bought any of the other stuff, it really didn't look very good. I got a Thrawn for free in a deal, and he's still on his card in a box somewhere. The sculpting on those were pretty bad too, IMO, and I had no idea where most of the characters were from. (That Imperial Sentinel-red thingy looked like something out of Flash Gordon, I don't mean that in a good way.)

When it comes down to it, when Hasbro sees debates like this, it makes them real uneasy about coming out with a product that half of its market says it won't buy.

The only "EU" stuff I think we'll be seeing is movie characters in production design costumes.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Unhappy

Sigh, you're probably right, but still, I can dream. Someday, I might write a song about this, "Oh, I wanted a Corran Horn figure, but Hasbro wouldn't bring out a new EU line...."
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

There must be a few enterprising young souls out there who have both the interest and the ability to create, say, a new line of Star Wars figures which would include all the EU that most likely will never get made and dare I say, the b-characters from the films who most likely won't be sculpted by Hasbro. They could be considered, ahem, custom and, uh, bartered or something to avoid any, um, unpleasant letters from Lucasfilm legal. Just a thought.

DISCLAIMER: Do not try this at home.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    First, they already made an EU line, two in fact. One was called "Expanded Universe" and the other was called "Shadows of the Empire".

On a side note, EU does exist in the regular SW line. Although in limited amounts. Darth Maul's "Sith Attack Speeder" (Invasion Force) was not in the movie. Nither was Obi-Wan with Gungan Sub (Invasion Force).
    First of all Dash Rendar (SOTE) ship appeared in the SE version of ANH,does that mean he and his ship are EU any more?no!

The Invasion Force toys are for younger kids who cannot afford the big $90+ vehicles and hasbro was giving them achance to own them!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by GNT

The Invasion Force toys are for younger kids who cannot afford the big $90+ vehicles and hasbro was giving them achance to own them![/COLOR]

Like I said, I tried getting these for my boy but since they weren't in the movie, he had no interest in them. So what's the point? Kid's want what we want ... stuff from the films. Parents who aren't so into Star Wars, like all of us, are unlikely to open up their wallets to buy something that they don't recognize either. The only market for non-movie stuff is us...and apparently a small percentage of us at that. Not a very good consumer outlook overall. It's that simple.

I for one would like more EU figures. Not the kind that we have seen lately (ex. Darth Maul Sith Apprentice, Qui-Gon Jedi Training Gear, Obi-Wan cold Weather Gear, Obi-Wan Jedi Training Gear, etc...). We need to see more never before made characters. That's what I want. I could care less for another stupid rehash resulpted Obi-Wan. I have enough of him. Give me the less known characters. Although I haven't read a lot of the EU stuff, I like the figures. So HASBRO, BRING ON THE EU! (as long as it's original EU characters)
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."