Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What other lines of figures do you collect

I only collect SW and It really takes a bite out of my pocket, so i was wondering who collects other than SW and how do you manage to support more than one line
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

Re: What other lines of figures do you collect

This topic seems very similar to another topic. But I am unable to search for that topic because the quick search function keeps giving me errors.

I collect whatever. Star Wars was the only line I collected in which I tried to own it all. Everything else I pick up is based on liking whatever property it is based on.

Robocop to Metallica, whatever tickles my fancy.

How I afford it? Good question. I don't spend money on clothes? Maybe that's where I save money. The jeans and single pocket t-shirts are good enough for me so I can continue to support my collecting habits.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I also collect monster movie toys of a wide range: from Hellboy, to Movie Maniacs, to the X-Plus Harryhausen and AIP figures, to Japanese Godzilla imports to the 12" Sideshow line.

I am a completeist with the SW 3 3/4" line, but not with everything else (except Sideshow's 12" classic horror line). I don't feel compelled to own every version of Godzilla, or all of the Movie Maniacs figures. I just pick the ones I like.

How do I afford it? I don't really, which is why I am perpectually behind in my collections. Generally, during lulls in SW collecting, either when I can't find anything, or I'm mostly caught up, I'll divert money to catching up on my monster toys. Sideshow's stuff comes out few and far between, so that make's it easier. Also, I tend to use ebay a lot, and don't feel compelled to get everything as soon as it comes out. This makes it possible for me to score items that sell for $40 retail for about $20-$25 including shipping. That helps a great deal.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of stuff I want, and it's aggravating to have to pick and choose and then hope I can find the stuff I missed later. I don't have any Hellraiser figures or Ghostbusters for example, but am pretty sure I'll be able to get them all, and for less money than I would have paid had I bought them when they came out.

I used to buy random other toys that caught my eye, but have stopped. All of those have just ended up stored away in boxes, their appeal apparently fleeting at best. At some point they will probably end up on ebay, where someone else will get them for less than they would have paid, had they bought them as they came out.

Star Wars
    Batman
    Spider-Man (Movies)
    Spider-Man Classics
    Marvel Legends
    X-Men (X2)
    Spawn
    Muppets (Muppet Treasure Island ones)
    Justice League
    LEGO

and to think just last year I was only collecting Star Wars and LEGO.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

movie maniacs and mcfarlene nfl sports picks.
    "What the duce?" -- Stewie

I'm currently collecting Star Wars, Lord of the Rings (Toybiz), Armies of Middle Earth, Lord of the Rings Minimates, Sideshow Universal Monsters, By the Sword, James Bond, X-Files and various others, Marvel Legends, Various assorted DC Direct such as Kingdom Come, Modern Teen Titans and Hush, the new Microman line, Simpsons (still a few I need to pick up), Muppets, Star Wars Unleashed, He-Man (still holding out that new ones are on the way and still searching for odds and ends), Justice League, Batman, and DC Comics C3 minimates. It must be some kind of magic that allows me to collect so many toys since I'm certain I don't have enough money for them. Also, I'm very lucky that my girlfriend enjoys my collection also and has often helped me out with the occasional toy here and there.

If I could find them, I'd also pick up the Ren and Stimpy and Family Guy lines. I also plan on picking up McFarlanes Conan figures, as well as few Movie Maniacs that I've missed over the past couple years, Alex Ross' DC Direct Justice League figures, SOTA's Now Playing figures, Palisades' Army of Darkeness, Pirates of the Carribean and Star Wars Galactic Heroes.
    Last edited by RooJay; 10-10-2004 at 07:19 PM.

I collect:

Star Wars
    Marvel Legends
    Marvel Minimates & DC Minimates
    Kubricks (Star Wars & Back to the Future for now)
    Clerks Inaction figures
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

i collect each of the Star Wars lines: 3 3/4", 12", Unleashed, Galatic Heroes/Playskool (if i could find them that is) and SW LEGOs. i get each of the Punisher figures that i can find. Homies, South Park and View Askew figures i have nearly complete sets of. The TMNT and Muppets i pick and choose what appeals to me, same goes for monsters and horror film figures (from classic monsters to the nearer 18" versions of Jason, Freddy et al). i have all the Austin Powers figures that i liked. i'll pick up musical figures (KISS, Ozzy, etc), but mostly concentrate on the few released Metallica figures.

Darth Jax, do you have a Target in your area? At the two near me they have plenty of the preschool SW toys, but they don't peg them with the rest of the SW stuff. they put them on the aisle that has the Pokemon and Toy Story toys, so maybe you should check there.

both targets near me have only one aisle for all the toy figures. GI Joe, Pokemon, TMNT, SW, spidey, wrestling - it's all shoved in their together. i've wandered up and down the other aisles futilely looking for them.