Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real Scan

Upping the scale of the standard Star Wars figures would be the best way to get many fans to stop collecting them!

However, I have heard that with this process the scale of the figure doesn't affect the detail. Like everyone else here, I'll wait until I actually hold the figure in my hand to judge that.

I just can't wait to see the real scanned Artoo and Threepio! I'm tired of the artists' interpretations of the droids, I want to see them how they really looked!

I think some detail will be lost if and when they make the figures,just think of all the fun Gentle Giant (?) are having
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by bigbarada
    However, I have heard that with this process the scale of the figure doesn't affect the detail. Like everyone else here, I'll wait until I actually hold the figure in my hand to judge that.
    Actually, the Real Scan system scans at 100%, and when you take it down to the Star Wars scale of 1/18, some of the details are too small for modern machining tools, so as I understand it, the Real Scan spits out a wax real-size model and the Hasbro folks go to town fixing details so the molds will be able to work properly within the confines of the Hasbro needs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Full size??? Full ON, dude!!! Could you imagine that??? Standing next to a lifesize wax sculpt of these characters!! When are they gonna be on e-Bay?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Just imagine the fun they could have with them

"Will make 20 life size Anakins and sell them off at US$500 each, becoming richer with more we sell" - Jen

"Good Idea Jen, split the takings 50/50" - Andy

"More like 70/30 $tup!d" - Jen

"Ok" -Andy

Therfore Hasbro has more money and can make more stuff!

GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I didn't mean "life-size", sorry for the confusion, I actually meant "real figure-size", they're spit out at 4" tall, not 6 feet.

Jen doesn't work at Hasbro anymore.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Doesn't Jen work in the Transformers/Batman section of Hasbro?

Besides if it invoved money I bet Jen would be back there in a heart beat!
    GNT
    ''

Thumbs up

I would love to see the real sacn tec. used on Nataly Portman, that would be a doll!!
    As always...........L