Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The future the past, Old friends long gone.

Besides Biggs, Owen, and Beru who might have Luke known who died a long time ago. I wonder if Luke remembered Cliegg? Any EU sources to shine light on this subject of other people Luke knew.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: The future the past, Old friends long gone.

I kind of always thought at that part that Yoda was going into a personal side track thinking about his old friends that are long gone like Ben, Qui-Gon, or Ani.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Perhaps Yoda was referring to R5-D4.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thats a good one JT!

Yoda was personally refering to his old friends long gone like Mace Windu Ben Kenobi.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Agree with Jayspawn I do. Or maybe just trying to get the boy interested he was??

Perhaps Yoda knew Luke would see his friends in Bespin, and it was a test to see how he would react. But then again, probably not. Luke had a closer tie to them, especially being Leia's twin, so Yoda probably didn't know. If he did, he probably wouldn't want Luke to know, fearing he would leave as he did.

Fascinating. I just shot down my own theory.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Besides Biggs, Owen, and Beru who might have Luke known who died a long time ago. I wonder if Luke remembered Cliegg? Any EU sources to shine light on this subject of other people Luke knew.
    Nah. When Empire came out, Clieg didn't exist.

I don't think that the point of Yoda's statement was to indicate anyone in particular. The simple concept was that the Force, being the energy field that it is, could also sort of "bend time" for the user in a way that he could, via the energy field, experience the emotions of those who the user felt a connection with. So, for instance, if Luke had a pet cat that died when he was a kid, he might be able to "feel" that cat's energy as it returned to the freepool of energy that makes up the Force. Same for any friends of his that might have splattered themselves across Beggars Canyon.

Yoda's Force explanation by the swamp really did lay it all out there (thanks Kasdan). The matter that makes up our bodies is just that...matter (crude matter). But the energy that creates our souls is what continues on after the body (the crude matter) dies. It either dissapates or it remains cohesive, which would result in a ghostly apparition (ie, Ben and Yoda and Sebastakin). If someone dies, their energy is still out there, either in one piece or in a billion. Either way, a Force user could potentially "feel" any piece of that energy to remember someone who already died or to "feel" the emotions of someone who is still living. That is why he knew that his friends were in trouble.

Yoda was thinking of his one true love, Yaddle.

I was thinking the same thing.Yoda's a long lived species,just think of all the lines he had to try on Yaddle before she gave him the time of day

On a serious note,I believe we was reffering to the Jedi of the old and everyone he was close to before they all died in one fashion or another.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I watched AOTC again this week and thought of this thread.

In ESB Yoda says, essentially, that when the Jedi is calm and at peace the connection to the Force is either stronger, or at the very least opened. My theory is that at the time of AOTC Ani was not calm or at peace (while conscious), and that the only time he was was when he was sleeping.

On Naboo Ani had another vision of his mother, whom he had seen in his sleep before. Padme says that Ani had had a bad dream, to which Ani says Jedi don't dream (pretty far fetched for sure).

Any other thoughts on this?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars