Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Movie by Movie: Favorite Galactic Heroes Poll

I had to do it. We've had 12" threads like this, Unleashed Ones, certainly a few good counts of vehicle and figure polls for the 3 3/4" line.

But what about us Galactic Heroes' fans?

OK - this poll will have a new competitor (movie) each day and run very fast because not that many people care (I think). You can back-vote if you come in late, but the best discussion of your choices will occur if you're on time, movie-by movie.

I'm going to go OT and then PT, K?

Incidently:

Best 3 3/4" figure: Ephant Mon, Darth Vader Removeable Helmet 1998 runner-up.

Best 3 3/4" vehicle: 1998 Imperal ATAT Walker, 2002's Jango Fett's Slave-One as runner up.

Best 12" figure/vehicle set: 12" Bikerscout on Speederbike, with 14" Electronic Vader, Ultimate Jango Fett, and Han Solo on the TaunTaun as close competitors. (NOT CERTAIN OF THIS OUTCOME)

Best Unleashed: Boba Fett "Sarlaac Escape"

So we come to the question of the Best Ever GALACTIC HERO!

From the "A New Hope" assortments (X-wing, Falcon, figure packs),

which is your favorite from:

Han Solo (Falcon set)
    Luke Tatooine
    Luke X-wing
    Princess Leia
    Chewbacca (Falcon Set)
    C-3PO (Falcon Set)
    C-3PO waving
    R2-D2 (X-wing Set)
    R2-D2
    Darth Vader (X-wing set and 2-pack are identical)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Death Star Duel)
    Stormtrooper (Falcon set and yet-to-be-released 2-pack are identical)

(Jawa and Tusken are not out yet, so they can't qualify)

I have to choose Chewie over close contenders Han and Luke X-wing.
    I just like Han made to be so cute for some reason - like a little boy in his "play vest" but Luke's got a lightsaber, so it helps him out. Chewie has the only removeable weapon though - his bowcaster, and he's fully poseable - both arms and legs! That's a lot to get in a Galactic Hero figure. Plus Chewie's just so cute.

Re: Movie by Movie: Favorite Galactic Heroes Poll

Are you going to include the old Playskool figures in this as well, such as Mace Windu, who has yet to show up in the Galactic Heroes proper line?

I'm going with Chewie as well, though it's a very narrow victory over Vader.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm going with C3PO FALCON. He's just so darned cute and gold and stuff...

I will go with Vader.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Vader, though I'll choose the original version. The molds are the same, but the original has a better paint job. This figure, even though he's pointing for some reason, is just so darn cool, he's way big, got a huge cloth cape, and his lightsaber blade is longer than any other figures'.

I hope the upcoming G.Heroes Stormtrooper isn't exactly the same as the one with the original Falcon set, that figure is rubbery.

Tycho, are you including the G.Heroes carded Chewie as an ESB figure? I ask because that version is permanently holding an Imperial blaster and I think that's the only film he does that in (Chewie has the rifle in ANH).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

the original Vader is great. best of the ANH figs.

Chewie or Vader, Chewie or Vader, Chewie or Vader...

Vader (just barely)
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'll go with Vader as well but C-3PO (Falcon set) is a close second.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Chux: yes I'm including the Playskool packed figures with the Galactic Heroes line. An interesting difference - and the only one I can find, is that GH's have holes on the bottom of their feet leading me to wonder if they'll have playsets or if it was thought of at one point? That'd be sweet!

JT: you guessed right: Chewie carded is an ESB figure while the Falcon one is an ANH version - only and all because of the gun.

Anyway, I'm not going to close voting for the classic group without ample warning so more people can vote for the ANH group if they come in to do so.

But for now we're moving on:

From The Empire Strikes Back assortments, figure packs, which is your favorite from:

Han Hoth
    Luke Hoth
    Han Bespin
    Chewie Bespin (permanently attached Stormtrooper blaster)
    Boba Fett
    Dengar
    IG-88
    Zuckuss
    Bossk
    4-LOM

I still have to go with Chewie on this one: super-poseable is super-fun!

Dengar is actually a good runner-up with Han Bespin. I also like Luke Hoth with his lightsaber and find it funny that he looks like Charlie Brown. Boba Fett is great, but way overshadowed by his father Jango (who we'll come to when we get on about the AOTC figures).
    Last edited by Tycho; 10-16-2004 at 04:48 PM.

For me its a tough choice between Zuckuss and 4-LOM but I'll go with Zuckuss.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”