Smile Favorite details of figs/vehicles/playsets

We all love SW. But we don't love all things SW equally. What features, details, aspects of specific items were/are your favorites? For me:

Hoth Han - I loved the holster. Kept guns from getting lost (well, for a while, at least ), even it it only fit well backwards.

Endor Leia - See above.

Bespin Luke - First, this was always my favorite outfit/costume in the Classic Trilogy, and it had "built in" holsters (what was it with me and holsters?? ) with the sculpted saber and pistol. And he was one of the first two accessory figures.

Millenium Falcon - I really liked taking the batteries out of the side panel and using it as either another smuggling compartment or a life pod ejection room. I'd like to say I liked the lightsaber training remote, but none of my friends could keep it un-lost.

Land of the Jawas - See above for a similar comment about losing things (this time, the cardboard background, and especially the "elevator" shaft), but I like the "flick-em" feature where the lightsaber swinging figure would knock over a vicious enemy (try it with Wicket vs. an Ugnaught sometime). The little cave was a close second; I don't know why.

Snowspeeder - taking off the front laser cannons to simulate crashing on Hoth was easy, but removing the battery compartment to have the opening panels (plus a place to hide figures or accessories) was fun.

Others?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Re: Favorite details of figs/vehicles/playsets

As a kid I always loved that the hood opened up in the Landspeeder. I always used to put the weapons in there. That same goes for Jabba's dias.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

i use to pile all my rebels in the falcon for a quick attack. you could put in about 30 people to attack with.

I always loved the Imperial Attack Base for flipping figures off the edges with those things. (DOnt know how ot describe but you know what I mean). Loved the Creature Cantina as well because you could spin figures in there.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The Death Star playset offered several levels to act out key scenes in the first film. After tiring of re-enacting Star Wars for the thousandth time, I just used it as a figure display. The trash compactor was cool too. I removed the compactor, took out the garbage and compactor mechanism and used it as a meeting room for figures. With it's side windows and door, the compactor made a nice conference room for Alliance leaders. The little rope in that set was difficult to keep track of too. The Ewok village replaced the Death Star as my favorite playset when it came out. Lots of cool features too but without the antiseptic feel of the space station.

The Imperial Attack Base was neat because it was an actual Hoth trench with break-away walls and little HQ. Another favorite was the Turret/Probot playset. The turret had an opening door and a figure could sit in the turret's hatch. Both had a realism to them that made them more than just toys. I'd take all-plastic playsets over the cardboard versions any day.

The Dagobah playset was neat, but difficult to get inside of Yoda's house. The foam swamp and the action feature that made the cargo boxes "float" were nice touches.

Kenner really did a good job with the Y-Wing, it was one of my favorite vehicles. The rear landing gear always sank on one side though. I always had Chewie working on it with that vehicle engergizer Mini-Rig. That little thing had tons of tools plus hoses with suction cups.

I also really liked the Tatooine Skiff. By that time I was just displaying stuff rather than playing with it though. Still, the break-away rails, moveable levers, and retractable plank was impressive. Kenner was getting good there by the end.

I've always loved the fact the not all the playsets were 100% accurate with the movies. It encouraged kids to play outside the box. I don't know how much time you guys spent reacting the movies with your toys, but I maybe spent a quarter of my time at the most. The rest was all off screen, "EU" or non SW. I also loved the number of playsets Kenner made.

Kenner's use of cloth capes and coats rocked. Squid Head, Jedi Luke and the Royal Guard are all perfect examples. Jedi Luke couldn't (and shouldn't) have been done any other way. The vintage Royal Guard and Squid Head are easily better than their modern counterparts. Poncho Leia was another great figure. I loved the holster as it was the first and only one I had as kid (no Hoth Han ). And she was the first figure I had were the clothing was meant to be taken off (I'm not sure why kids do this. But boys and girls do with their toys).
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

The Hoth playset confused me as a kid. The box showed Snowtroopers and Vader but it always looked more like it should be manned by Rebel Hoth troopers. The laser gun simultated the Rebel ones rather than the Snowtrooper tripod cannon. Needless to say I always used it for the Rebels when I recreated the Hoth attack. Always liked that the building 'exploded'.

I had a lot of fun with the Jabba playset. I used to love recreating some scenes and I would recreate the Jabba throne room with this. I did use the stand as a cool place to stash prisoners. Right under Jabba. Think about that one for a minute. How would you feel staying in a place durectly under a smelly overgrown worm>

I used recreate the Falcon capture scene and amass all my stormtroopers around it. I loved the middle laser cannon and how you sat the figure in the bottom.

I really enjoyed the mini rigs. They were small enough to hold in one hand and they had some cool features.

At St and At At were by far my favorites. Loved how the head turned and you could move the laser cannons. Cool sound effect with the At At. You could also fit so many figures in the body of it.

I really dug the fact that the Tie Fighters had wings that blew off. When you think about it, this wasn't something Kenner had to do. I think, in fact, that they wanted a smaller package to ship, and once the wings were off, it might have then dawned on them to make it an action feature, and a cool one at that!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I really loved the light and sound F/X in the vintage vehicles. I used to love playing with them at night and seeing the guns on my Snowspeeder light up. And the AT -AT chin guns that alternated. Neat.

Sy Snootles lip synchs