Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unleashed Clonetrooper

The other day I found the Clonetrooper at a local Target. I was wondering if there were any variants of it. I found a red clonetrooper, and was wondering if that was a variant, or if Hasbro changed it from the regular white trooper to a red one.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by Clonetrooper1131; 10-17-2004 at 02:13 AM.

Re: Unleashed Clonetropper

Thanks, now I'm glad that I picked it up.

Re: Unleashed Clonetrooper

I got a red clone trooper at TRU today. Is this figure being re-released or is this a figure that finally made it out of the stockroom?
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Fett
    I got a red clone trooper at TRU today. Is this figure being re-released or is this a figure that finally made it out of the stockroom?
    I'm not sure, I found mine over three or four months ago, atleast I think it's been that long. I haven't found one since, the white tropper, or even the red trooper. It just might have been that they finally pulled a box out of the stockroom. Anys, glad you found one.

As with many figures they sometimes are reissued. Either that is the case with the Clonetrooper, or he could just be left over stock that was sitting in a warehouse waiting to be shipped out to stores.

in any case, the White was the first run and they did what's called a "running change". That is to say a deliberate variant.

Hasbro has done running changes in teh past, look at eh Endor rebel soldier for instance. They did a simple head swap as the running change.

As for the Clonetrooper, it's a great buy. I got 1each to keep carded then another set to open. Once I saw them making another appreaance, I decided to buy three more with the intention that someday I will repaint them as the Yellow commander, Blue Lt, and Green Sergeant, respectively.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

I have the red one...I'm searching for the normal one. I think the red one looks better, that color gives to this figure a "texture" not only white.
    [SIGNATURE]

I have also seen the Red Clone pop up again recently along with the Luke Pilot that the Clones shipped with.

If you are looking for the White Clone you will probably have to resort to the secondary market. While I did see several White Clones early on in distribution, I have not seen any ship since. I believe there are probably more Red Clones than White at this point.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    I believe there are probably more Red Clones than White at this point.
    That's true, I haven't seen any White Clonetrooper since I got mine.
    [SIGNATURE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Fett
    I opened him up today, and I'd say he was one that was left in the warehouse. The pack-in mini catalog shows the "upcoming" OTC line. The catalogs in Aurra Sing and the Stormtrooper show the Ep3 line.

An interesting aside: The pack-in catalog lists the OTC figures by name and number. OTC#14 and OTC#30 are both listed as "Biker Scout". As you know, OTC#14 was released as the "Scout Trooper" and OTC#30 was released as the "Gamorrean Guard".
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.