Got something weird in the mail today...

So I got home today and there's a big yellow envelope with my name on it, with "LUCASFILM" as the return address. Inside is a Lego Star Wars poster, a Code 3 Collectibles calendar, a fold-out Jabba pinup thing, a Topps promo card, a Star Wars TCG playmat, and what looks to be an original Ewoks animation cel. There was also a 2004 fan club membership card with Darth Vader on the front and the Paizo Publishing logo on the back.

As far as I know, I'm not a fan club member anymore, and even if I was, the card wouldn't have Paizo's name on the back. What's most puzzling to me is the Ewoks cel, since all of the other stuff is just promotional material. (The cel, by the way, is unfinished, showing only the outlines of several Ewoks painted brown. It appears quite genuine.) The label on the package reads "Package: 802 Container:181."

So what gives? What did I do to get this package? Was it perhaps a membership kit from a while back that Lucasfilm "owed" me? Did anyone else get one? Do I have good reason to be so excited/intrigued by it?
    [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red][I]Knightfall: Star Wars Stockboy Supreme[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff][URL="http://www.xanga.com/red_megaranger"][/URL][/COLOR][/FONT]

Re: Got something weird in the mail today...

I guess you're on someone's very cool mailing list.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I believe the cells were sent out a while back to fan club members before Lucas took them over again.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I recieved the same package. 2004 Code 3 Calendar, a bunch of promo posters, cards, and the Ewok Cel. I never recieved mine the first time around, so I was pleased to get this in the mail. When the Fan club changed over, a lot of stuff got screwed up, and I think they are filling in the spots that they missed with the initial Membership Kit Shipment. I pretty much wrote off my kit, and purchased a Ewok cel on eBay for a few bucks, so I was happy to see that they finally came through. For once. . . I am not ranting about the Fan Club. . . keep it up guys!

BTW. . . if you don't want the Ewok cel. . . PM me. . . I am a huge fan of the Droids and Ewoks series and always looking for collectibles from those productions!!!
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Yes, I got the same package, and it is from the Star Wars fan club. I just renewed my membership again, but it was quite a hit to my wallet, at $39.99.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Not exactly the same story, but I renewed my Paizo membership in November (with two issues remaining on my previous membership), and never got any of the new subscription.

I tried e-mailing Paizo several times, since I was charged almost a year ago, and never even received a response.

So I finally e-mailed LFL, requesting either the issues I'd paid for or a refund (so I could purchase the full Hyperspace membership--hey, if they throw in the magazine, it's not a ripoff anymore ). I got an e-mail back from them a few days later saying that I'd receive the magazines I'd paid for.

I was a bit disappointed at first. I mean, to spend the full $40 on Hyperspace and receive nothing of the $28 subscription wouldn't be worth it, so I had another year to wait for the online stuff.

And then, completely unexpectedly, I got an e-mail telling me how to activate my Hyperspace account! And they didn't even ask for the $12 difference. That's infinitely better customer service than Paizo dreamed of.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I just got this membership kit in the mail yesterday, 1-25-05. This 2004 calender will come in handy in 2005. My animation cell is a few rocks. I feel like Charlie Brown on Halloween. Kind of funny getting all of this Paizo stuff now. I think the last membership kit I got was in early 2003, as I still have the letter dated 12/27/02.

The diorama background that came with it might come in useful someday though.

Better late than never.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

my experience wasnt as good.. I got the same package. but was missing the cell. even had a slip of paper.. saying enjoy the cell, or something to that effect.. so I know there should have been something in there.. but nope..

grr.

Im no longer a member.,. so I was thrilled to get the surprise envelope.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

maybe you guys are getting this because of me. I got mine today but I had been complaining about not getting my kit to Mary Franklins who helps run the Fan Club. So, I think she stumbled upon a list of unshipped Fan Club kits all because of my nagging.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.