Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Brunswick

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by greedo
    I find that I have to keep up with the collection for some reason. I enjoy trying to get everything made for the SW action figure stuff. I have evey action figure made since 95 until now. I only need the Imperial officer and Rebel Tantiv? soldier.

It looks like there are only 3 or 4 Canadians on here, that is too bad, maybe Canada doesn't collect like the US does after all.

Where are you from?
    Hey GREEDO:

I'm from Hartland, NB (As my AVITAR states). Where's GREEDO from?

I'm a hard core collector...but not as hard core as most. I open all of my stuff and collect only the CLASSIC TRILOGY Stuff. I only collect the 3.75 scale and vehicles. There are specific figures and vehicles that I'm collecting...I'm nowhere near a completist collector. Maybe if I had about $200 - $300 a month to spend on SW stuff...then maybe I would buy all of the POTF2 and POTJ figs from the Classic Trilogy. However...I've got about $40 - 50 a month to spend...so you can see that I'm having a hard time catching up from not collecting since 1995. I have only been a hard core collector for about 2 years now. I started back in 1996, but took a break from it since I couldn't afford to buy all of the ones I was looking for and I saw alot of the same figures. There were some I didn't want at the time, but now I want them. I have since made a complete list of all of the figures that want and the quantities that I want so that I won't make the same mistake twice.

I purchase my stuff both in Canada and the US. It seems that the US is getting the majority of my business lately due to Hasbro Canada not releasing the FX-7 wave in Canada. ARGH! I hope that the R4M9 wave comes out though. I plan on getting two of him. What I want most...the Tie Bombers and Snowspeeders to be on sale here in New Brunswick and for me to find 2 and 3 of them respectively for less than $40.00 CAN each. Here's hoping!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I've been buying SW toys actually since 1977, I have about 14 of the origonal ones left. I only buy the 3 3/4 figures, the only ships I buy are the ones on sale (cheap) or the ones that had figures with them, but now I don't bother with the ships unless CHEAP.

I will purchase the 12" if they are on sale (cheap) but otherwise no. I have a wall full of figs, I too open evey one. I display them on a shelf, I don't care to keep them in the bubbles, I buy them for me not for resale. That is why I hate the F$%#ing scalpers. I only want one of each to open, Wal-mart should make these things one per customer so we all get a chance.

If I ever catch a scalper buying a box full, I will in all honesty, kick the crap out of him. I don't see the point to these guys, get a real job....

Anyways, what do you do with your figs.... display them?

I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I've been buying SW toys actually since 1977, I have about 14 of the origonal ones left. I only buy the 3 3/4 figures, the only ships I buy are the ones on sale (cheap) or the ones that had figures with them, but now I don't bother with the ships unless CHEAP.

I will purchase the 12" if they are on sale (cheap) but otherwise no. I have a wall full of figs, I too open evey one. I display them on a shelf, I don't care to keep them in the bubbles, I buy them for me not for resale. That is why I hate the F$%#ing scalpers. I only want one of each to open, Wal-mart should make these things one per customer so we all get a chance.

If I ever catch a scalper buying a box full, I will in all honesty, kick the crap out of him. I don't see the point to these guys, get a real job....

Anyways, what do you do with your figs.... display them?
    I agree with you on the scalpers...but I'm one of those guys who bought a ton of Stormtroopers (11 or so) at one time. I went into TRU and bought 24 - 30 figs at a time when they were on sale. I'm not a scalper that's for sure. I display only certain figures...usually my latest finds. I need more room to display them all. I have about 150 figures in all and have about 170 on my wish list.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

I'm from Saint John NB and have been collecting since Easter 96 or 97 (I can't really remember) The First thing I got was an AT-ST at Walmart and within a week I had everything I could get my hands on including the SOTE stuff and those crappy deluxe Luke and Stormie (not Han though) I soon came to my senses and began to collect only the stuff from the movies. About a year later I began to collect the 12 inch figures. Now I collect only the stuff I like and have passed on all the EU stuff as well as some figures I don't like the look of (like 12 inch Elen Degenerus, I mean Ceremonial Luke) I've had to buy a lot of stuff on-line because of the droughts we go through up here. I'm a completest if the stuff was in the movies. I have most of the released figures for both 3 and 12 inch, but the 12 inch exclusives are the toughest to get. I have most of them and know where to get the others but they're a real drain on the walet.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I agree with you on the scalpers...but I'm one of those guys who bought a ton of Stormtroopers (11 or so) at one time. I went into TRU and bought 24 - 30 figs at a time when they were on sale. I'm not a scalper that's for sure. I display only certain figures...usually my latest finds. I need more room to display them all. I have about 150 figures in all and have about 170 on my wish list.

I don't have a problem with collectors that collect, but butt heads that horde than resell for twice the price make me vewy vewy angwy. If these scalpers were buying them up once they are on sale for a couple of bucks and reselling them later, then fine, that way the collectors and kids have what they want already. If I had a kid who was collecting and couldn't finish his collection because of scalpers, then I would actually hunt down these guys and hurt them.

I guess I should start going to some of these toys conventions here and see who has a table of tri-logo hard to find figs. That way I'll know who it is. Winnipeg doesn't have that many Wal-marts, I'll eventually bump into one of them. I'm a 200 lb man that can curl as much weight as I can press, so I'm not too worried about who I meet.

Enough tough talk, sorry, I get quite ticked off when I have to pay 16.00 for a fig from the US plus 20 shipping, 5 postal handling fee, tax. It ends up sometimes costing me about 20.00 per fig. when I order a couple.

Is there only 4 of us from Canada on here? Too bad. I was hoping when I started the thread on Canadian Releases to Hasbro that a hundred or so other Canadians would rise up and be counted. Oh well..

Sorry for the rant.

I'm from Saint John NB and have been collecting since Easter 96 or 97 (I can't really remember) The First thing I got was an AT-ST at Walmart and within a week I had everything I could get my hands on including the SOTE stuff and those crappy deluxe Luke and Stormie (not Han though) I soon came to my senses and began to collect only the stuff from the movies. About a year later I began to collect the 12 inch figures. Now I collect only the stuff I like and have passed on all the EU stuff as well as some figures I don't like the look of (like 12 inch Elen Degenerus, I mean Ceremonial Luke) I've had to buy a lot of stuff on-line because of the droughts we go through up here. I'm a completest if the stuff was in the movies. I have most of the released figures for both 3 and 12 inch, but the 12 inch exclusives are the toughest to get. I have most of them and know where to get the others but they're a real drain on the walet.

I agree, it gets expensive. I was actually thinking about stopping the collecting before EP 1 came out, but got sucked in and was one of those guys at Wal-mart at 7 a.m. to get them all. Six months later they were 2.00.....aaaaaaahhhhgggggg. Oh well too late now.

I ended up costing me more later to order the harder to find figs after passing them up in the comic stores. I got quite a few 12 inch EP 1 figs cheap at the Bay when they cleared them out, as Wal-mart did. Otherwise I stay with the 3 3/4 stuff. I have to re-build a shelving unit to house my figs. Something tastefull and dust free as much as possible. Where do you order your stuff from?

I'm in Hamilton, Ontario and a toy store named "Toys, Etc." at one of our malls just received the 25th Anniv. figs. They were $20 or $25 each.

Were they tri-logo? Does this store usually carry the Canadian releases?

Originally posted by IcebergSlim
    I'm in Hamilton, Ontario and a toy store named "Toys, Etc." at one of our malls just received the 25th Anniv. figs. They were $20 or $25 each.
    Welcome IcebergSlim!

I saw two of the three 25th Anniversary sets last week over in Maine and they were selling for $14.95 each. They did not have Darth Vader vs. Obi Wan. I looked at the other two and I wasn't really impressed with them...so I won't be losing any sleep about not buying them. I thought that they would have looked more like the characters...instead they look a little cartoony to me.

Were they tri-logo? Does this store usually carry the Canadian releases?
    Sorry, I didn't see if it was a tri-logo box or not.

The store gets in all the latest waves, but I haven't seen Eeth Koth, FX-7, Rebel Trooper or the Imperial Officer there. I picked up Zutton and the Royal Decoy Queen, so I'm assuming that the other 4 were sold out.