View Poll Results: Which of these vehicles & playsets would you most suggest to Hasbro?

Voters
851. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Federation Battleship (vehicle/playset-TPM)

10 1.18%
  • Maul's Sith Infiltrator (vehicle-TPM)

172 20.21%
  • Bongo, Gungan Sub (vehicle-TPM)

19 2.23%
  • other Podracers (vehicles-TPM)

19 2.23%
  • Republic Senate (playset-TPM/AOTC)

19 2.23%
  • Naboo Royal Cruiser (vehicle-AOTC)

11 1.29%
  • Tipoca City, Kamino (playset-AOTC)

17 2.00%
  • Republic AT-TE (vehicle-AOTC)

194 22.80%
  • Death Star Hangar (playset-ANH/ROTJ)

147 17.27%
  • Emperor's Death Star II Chamber (playset-ROTJ)

243 28.55%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Which of these vehicles & playsets would you most suggest to Hasbro?

It's been a while since we saw a glut of vehicles and playsets. While the classic Kenner Star Wars line had a significant investment in both playsets and vehicles as cross-sale items to push more action figures, times seem to have changed, and in the modern age Hasbro has certainly exploited the action figure side, but has been slower with the vehicles and almost non-existant with the playsets. In that time, we've had additional scenes added to the Classic Trilogy and 2 additional films, The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. While TPM did see a few playsets and vehicles, there were significant entries overlooked or poorly-represented; and far too little was done with the wealth of potential from AOTC.

While there are certainly many other options that could have been used, this poll's options represent a bit of a cross-section of vehicle and playset concepts that haven't been covered before, since the Prequels have been around only a short time, there are more options from them than the OT. So this poll is presenting you with 10 options of various vehicles and playsets from throughout the first 5 films and asking which 1 you would most tell Hasbro that you'd like to see.

special thanks to stillakid

Re: Which of these vehicles & playsets would you most suggest to Hasbro?

Death Star playset by far. Especially if it was along the lines of Stillakids design that he posted awhile back.

The only one that i would want more is an ISD playset.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

This was Stilla's poll idea, yet strangely he neglected to put that Hangar as one of his options, I basically thought up that option at the last minute as a fill-in since I had 1 more slot and wanted a universal OT playset for the slot. I didn't know/remember that he even had an idea for a DS Hangar playset.

I had a hard time deciding between a Star Destroyer playset and a DS Hangar, I went with the Hangar because Kenner did a kinda weak ISD playset back in the day and I wanted all of these options to be fresh (I'm not counting that R2 D2 carrying case playset as the Trade Fed, it's just not quite good enough). In fact, I was going to put the AOTC Naboo Royal Yacht in there originally, but felt it was yet another AOTC item and just wasn't exciting enough to include in this list, even though I'm sure there are folks who want it or Dooku's Solar Sailer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Dang It!!! I Want 'em all!!! Why can't Hasbro just give us what we want and make them all! Including Dooku's Solar ship!!!

I voted for the Emperor's Throne Room on DS II. A close second would be the DS hanger, but that would be pretty boring I think. It's just a big empty space.

An Echo Base playset would be awesome, with bays for a couple of speeders, a tauntaun paddock, medical bay with slot for the POTJ Bacta Luke, and command center with an open slot for Gen. Reeiken's tactical screen (maybe come with one or two screens already). Hasbro could re-release those Hoth Deluxe sets for those who missed them. Ion Cannon & generator, Turret with Probot, and Imperial Attack Base sold separately

The Imperial Star Destroyer, Cloud City, and the Rebel Base on Yavin IV would be cool too. The vintage MicroCollection Cloud City was awesome. Too bad we can't get modular playsets like that in 3-3/4" scale.

Vehicles/playsets from the prequels just don't excite me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    Vehicles/playsets from the prequels just don't excite me.

I agree, they arent the same. Especially the playset ideas. The vintage ones were much better. The prequel ones just seem lame
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Oh yeah, the Death Star and Star Destroyer!

I think that when i originally suggested that poll, I had in mind items that had never before been produced in any form which would account for them not being listed.

However, the poll as listed was difficult. It was a toss up between the AOTC Queen's ship and a new Death Star. In the end I went with the Death Star for a couple reasons. The first being that it would (hopefully) be cool. The second is that realistically, we have a better chance of ever getting another Death Star and practically zilch at ever seeing the AOTC ship. Though cool as hell, I don't think Hasbro will ever ever ever produce it. Bummer. But the DS would be great, especially if done "right."

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I had a hard time deciding between a Star Destroyer playset and a DS Hangar, I went with the Hangar because Kenner did a kinda weak ISD playset back in the day
    Kenner never made an ISD playset. It was suppose to be Vader's Star Destroyer which was a Super Star Destroyer. Any way whatever you call it () it was very lame.

I voted for the DS throne room. It just sounded better than the hanger. But I'd be glad to see either. And I'll agree with kidhuman and Ji'dia about the prequels just do much for me when it comes to vehicles and especially playsets.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    Kenner never made an ISD playset. It was suppose to be Vader's Star Destroyer which was a Super Star Destroyer. Any way whatever you call it () it was very lame.

Well, yeah, they did make a Star Destroyer. Lame, yes. But a SD all the same. I'm thinking of taking mine someday and retrofitting it into something far cooler so that it looks like a Star Destroyer on the outside. A project for another time...

I put my $.02 in for the Throne Room playset.

Just imagine if they did this right with working lights; The Emperor with his Thone (w/ lighted buttons); Awesome Luke & Vader sculpts; A pair of Royal Guards (given us a great sculpt on these please!); Imperial Dignitaries; Elevator; break-away gang planks; "shafts"; etc.

They have already given us some great individual figures so far but it's time to tie it all together now.