Thread: Music Downloads

Hybrid View

Music Downloads

Do any of you guys know a website where you can get free downloads? I used Kazaa a couple of times but am not very pleased with it. Any help is appreciated.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

Re: Music Downloads

WinMX is pretty good...ummm...from what I hear.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

http://www.napster.com/

Don't give in to piracy. There's plenty of legal ways to obtain your songs.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    Don't give in to piracy. There's plenty of legal ways to obtain your songs.
    I like to own albums, not songs on my computer.
    There are 2 main reasons I download:
    1. To preview an album before I decide if I want to actually spend my hard earned money and buy it. This has saved me tons of money on crappy albums that have only 1 or 2 decent tracks.
    2. Live music or music that is not available for purchase anywhere.
    DOMINATE!

I've used and have been really pleased with WinMX and I've also used Limewire but it's not as good as WinMX IMO.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

You don't have to justify anythin' to me, Rocketboy. I understand where you are coming from. I just don't get those who use the file share programs to get large music/movie libraries without spending money. But I won't turn this thread into a debate on these ethics.

Maybe in the Rancor Pit?
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Pay no mind to JBFF. He's a Metallica fan and because of that, Lars Ulrich has brainwashed him into thinking DL random tunes is bad. Poor Poor, JBFF.

Ares lite works very well and Direct Connect (DC++) is awesome too. It was the bomb here at OU for a few years and still is. I think JBFF can comment on DC++ and OSU.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    You don't have to justify anythin' to me, Rocketboy. I understand where you are coming from. I just don't get those who use the file share programs to get large music/movie libraries without spending money. But I won't turn this thread into a debate on these ethics.

Maybe in the Rancor Pit?
    Understood, but I also wanted to clarify my stand on it, and not start a debate or anything.
    DOMINATE!