Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

NECA Unleashes 'Cult Classics' in 2005!!

From MovieManiacs.Net:
    NECA unleashes 'Cult Classics'

Randy Falk of NECA gives us the inside info on their long awaited movie line.

To go along with our brand new look, some of our friends in the industry have been gracious enough to give us some brand new info to go along with it.

We started out on Movie Maniacs, then were the first to tell you about 'Now Playing', and now MovieManiacs.net is very pleased to introduce to you 'Cult Classics'

Here's the hard and fast info for those who just want the 411, read on for more details though.

NECA's movie line, comprised of figures from a variety of films, is going to be released of the banner of 'Cult Classics'. There will be not one, but TWO series released next year. They will be made up of 4 figures each. Series 1 will be released in the Spring, with Series 2 hitting that fall.

Now who's in it you may ask? People have been speculating like crazy lately, and I am very happy to be the one to tell you that a couple of big time fan favorites will be included in Series 1. First will be the scaled down version of NECA's 18 inch Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th 7: The New Blood, a figure long awaited to be made in action figure size. This isn't just a simple re-working though. There will be some changes made to entice those who own the big guy to purchase the Action Sized version as well.

Randy wants fans to know though, that even though the line will contain the occasional re-working of a figure like Jason, this line will be made up of brand new figures, never done before by anyone else as well as some new takes on old favorites. Take, for instance, our second member of Series 1, Leatherface from the original 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre'. While past versions of this guy have been made, NECA will produce Leather as you've never had a chance to own him, complete with Dinner Jacket and Makeup Mask!

Now that's just 2 of the first series NECA has planned, and although we'd love to tell you more about it, we're sworn to secrecy. Take our word for it though that the rest of Series 1 as well as Series 2, will be huge fan favorites. The line is called Cult Classics after all, a title which NECA takes very seriously, and intends on being the guideline for their choices on future series.

We felt bad about having to leave you in the dark on some of the other members of Cult Classics, so Randy let us also know that their Diorama boxed sets will also continue into the next year, and one we can't wait to tell you about is the Friday the 13th 25th Anniversary set.

If you think their recently released 'Halloween' set was great, then check this out. The set will be a combination of figures from films 1 and 2, featuring Mrs. Voorhees and her favorite boy. Speculate all you want for now; the set is still early in the design stages so check back with us for more details and a first look, as soon as NECA has their plans finalized.

Needless to say that 2005 is going to be another Landmark year for Horror Fans, and another great year for NECA!
    Woo, New Blood Jason, Dinner Jacket Leatherface, and Pamela Vorhees w/ Sackhead Jason. Nice start, can't wait to see who else is in the line-up!! And the folks from MM.Net say that the other characters in the line-up have been ones that have been on people's want lists for ages. Woo!!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 10-19-2004 at 04:49 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: NECA Unleashes 'Cult Classics' in 2005!!

That's good news.

I've got a list of what I'd like to see under this cult classic line...some sort of zombies. Someday, maybe.

I'm glad to see Leatherface and Jason are getting proper Neca treatment, but I'm hoping they get some licenses to do some stuff that's never been done before. BUB THE ZOMBIE!
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Some further information from NECA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Falk @ NECA
    First I am happy to have shared this news with Russ and MM.Net first since we have history and Russ has been a big NECA supporter from the start.

"Cult Classics" will have a lot of new figures NEVER seen in toy form before from anyone. I gave this NEWS to Russ first last night on the phone before we even posted this on the NECA site. Russ also knows a lot more which he will stay quitet about until the time is right. Loyalty has it's rewards.

Now I have to say I am a little tired of some of the "scale" comments on here. As you know NECA did not produce Movie Maniacs - McFarlane did. Hellraiser was designed to fit in with Movie Maniacs "scale" because we knew thousands of MM fans wanted a Pinhead to display with the other Maniacs and there was never a Pinhead figure before.

When we designed FvJ we went a little larger for good reason. This was the horror team-up over 10 years in the making so we wanted the figures bigger and better then average. Something most of you do not realize is that by making the figures even 1" larger it makes a world of difference in production and decoration at the factories. Case in point look at the "electric blue" jumpsuit the McF Myers is wearing and compare it to the movie accurate color of the NECA Myers and the drybrushing on the figure.

The 1/2" - 1" difference in size makes a HUGE difference in the final product. So we are giving you more for the same money and some of you complain. Our Myers is the definitive version of Michael Myers in action figure form. For those who say he is too big I say the other figures that came before were too small. One last point many of you bought the excellent Hellboy figures from Mezco and they are even bigger then the FvJ and Halloween figures. See where I am coming from?

Anyhow you can expect 2 series of Cult Classics next year one in the Spring and one in the Fall. There will be 4 figures in each series and to kill another rumor - none of them will be Pinhead figures.

You know about 8" New Blood Jason, Jacket & Tie Leatherface, the F13th Boxed set. That is a lot of news so for now you will have to wait for more details. We have Pirates, Corpses/Rejects, and Sin City all coming before Cult Classics Series I so just hang tight and wait for images from Sin City - man do I love this series!!

Thanks
    Randy
    NECA
    Reel Toys
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I really could not give a **** how their scale compares to movie maniacs. The way Neca is moving, collectors will be able to replace all inferior movie maniacs toys and make them into cult classics. There! No more scale issues!

EDIT-I would also like to see an alien from They Live along with Bub. That is all.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 10-19-2004 at 07:21 PM. Reason: I felt like it!

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    I'm glad to see Leatherface and Jason are getting proper Neca treatment, but I'm hoping they get some licenses to do some stuff that's never been done before. BUB THE ZOMBIE!
    Yeah I agree, some zombies would be great. Bub would make an excellent choice but I'm guessing that if they did do a figure from the Dead trilogy it probably wouldn't be from Day.

In addition to Bub I'd love to see Peter Washington and Flyboy from Dawn, The Tall Man from Phantasm and maybe even something real obscure like Jordy Verrill from Creepshow.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Hey now, Bub did have a model (vinyl model, I think ) made before. This is my belief that a Bub market exists and that Bub will make an excellent figure. We could give him a gun, make him salute, and other Bub things! Bub with razor, Bub with phone, Bub with...Dr. Frankenstein two pack!

I can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    Yeah I agree, some zombies would be great. Bub would make an excellent choice but I'm guessing that if they did do a figure from the Dead trilogy it probably wouldn't be from Day.

In addition to Bub I'd love to see Peter Washington and Flyboy from Dawn, The Tall Man from Phantasm and maybe even something real obscure like Jordy Verrill from Creepshow.
    Good choices, HB. I think they should put out a different zombie in each wave, starting with the one that Bill Heinzman played in "Night of the Living Dead," followed by the hero zombies from "Dawn of the Dead." Talk about cool army builders.

I really want to see the Nighbreed monsters rendered in plastic. I can't believe this hasn't happened yet.

I'd also like to see someone pick the ball that Sideshow dropped on producing 8" versions of the older classics, such as the Universal Monsters (as well as Dr. Frankenstein, Pretorious, etc.) and some of the AIP monsters like "It Conquered the World" and "I Was a Teenage Werewolf" and the Hammer versions of Dracula and Dr. Frankenstein. I'd pick up all of this sort of stuff in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    I really want to see the Nighbreed monsters rendered in plastic. I can't believe this hasn't happened yet.
    Yeah a Peliquin figure would be sweet as would the Dr.'s killer alter ego and of course Boone. I'd even buy that guy who looked like a cross between Jay Leno and the McDonald's Mac Tonight guy.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    Yeah a Peliquin figure would be sweet as would the Dr.'s killer alter ego and of course Boone. I'd even buy that guy who looked like a cross between Jay Leno and the McDonald's Mac Tonight guy.
    I always thought that Shuna Saasi was one of the coolest designed monsters.

I know someone is doing a figure of one of the nightmare demons from American Werewolf in London, but the site I saw it on didn't list what company.
    I'd be all for the rest of the demons, the stages of Jack's decomposition, as well as figures of David mid-transformation and in final werewolf form.

The same goes for the Howling.

An Exorcist set with Reagan on the bed, with the two priests would be killer too.

The company doing the Nazi Nightmare Demons is SOTA for their Now Playing line. They're doing all 4 versions of them. There's info on the specifics in the 'Now Playing' thread here on the forums.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks