Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRU Naboo

TRU Naboo

STINKS!!!! Is there anything new about this set? Let me quess the naboo guard does not have a mustache!

Re: TRU Naboo

Actually, there are quite a lot of good pieces in here. The Kaadu has the correct feathers that weren't on the original release. Captain Tarpals has articulated knees, unlike the old one. The Battle Droid and Gungan Warrior are good army builders, as is the Royal Guard, who was very hard to find the first time around.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I really dig this set. I purchased it yesterday and I'm quite fond of the Kaadu and Tarpals. It looks great with the feathers and finally after 5 years Hasbro gives us a Tarpals that can ride his steed. The last few TRU packs have been real stinkers but Hasbro pulled me back in with the Naboo Set.

Oh, BTW, I don't yet have this set but I also found out that the Kaadu's leg-twitching action feature is gone, and his bag-button thing has been replaced by just a bag thing. In case that is going to sway any opinions on this thing.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

That does change my opinion. Now I just have to muster up interest in buying another TPM toy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Count me in on this one. Army builders, kaadu, tarpals with the ability to ride it. Sounds good to me - not sure what's missing or wrong with it...

I liked this set too. It's the first 4 pack I've picked up since last year. Kind of think about it, I liked TPM as well. Come on, it really wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Found this today in AZ stacked on the overstock shelves...bought all 6 (2 for me, 4 for buddies). Some lady comes over when I was checking out and starts bellyaching that I was buying 6 and that I should sell her one because it wasn't fare I had so many. I told her there was more (there wasn't, it was the only way to get her to leave me alone)...just to go back and LOOK! Besides, had she said "Please" I would have gratefully shared with her but all she did was whine and thumb through my bag. I qualified for the $4.99 Shrek doll...the lady behind me wanted (I didn't) and paid me $10.00 to get it for her (she would not accept a $5.00 bill in return). All this plus a Silver Vader made for a quite eventful day at TRU.

Post Script...My 2 Naboo Packs are now open and all the figures proudly displayed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatooine5-0
    Found this today in AZ stacked on the overstock shelves...bought all 6 (2 for me, 4 for buddies). Some lady comes over when I was checking out and starts bellyaching that I was buying 6 and that I should sell her one because it wasn't fare I had so many. I told her there was more (there wasn't, it was the only way to get her to leave me alone)...just to go back and LOOK! Besides, had she said "Please" I would have gratefully shared with her but all she did was whine and thumb through my bag. I qualified for the $4.99 Shrek doll...the lady behind me wanted (I didn't) and paid me $10.00 to get it for her (she would not accept a $5.00 bill in return). All this plus a Silver Vader made for a quite eventful day at TRU.

Post Script...My 2 Naboo Packs are now open and all the figures proudly displayed!
    that was a very nice gesture for what u did for that lady

I found these as well. Bought 3 sets. (individually, so I got a free silver vader with each set)

This set includes:
    Gungan Warrior-sans shield
    Battle droid-not articulated at the elbows and knees however
    Naboo Royal Guard-this is the reddish uniformed one that many had a hard time finding
    Captain Tarpal w/new color sheme Kaadu-Tarpals knees are articulated so as to allow him to ride the Kaadu.

All in all not a bad set. Good for Army builders

I'm slightly disappointed that Hasbro didn't include the Gungan Warriors shield or that they chose an inferior battle droid, when the EPI battle droid was the best one to date, IMHO. Also, I would have rather had a knee articulated Gungan Warrior than the Tarpals.

Still overall this should make many collectors happy. That Naboo royal guard was mighty tough for some to find.

If but for the minor things mentioned above, the set could have been perfect, IMHO.
    I'll give this a 4 out of 5 kablooshes (or insert whatever you want there)

-Sal
    Move along, move along