Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What do you plan on doing with your collection??

After all is said and done, what do you plan on doing with your collection? I plan on keeping mine and passing it to my son when I die. I have no intentions of ever selling it to anyone for any reason. Not in it for the investment, if any. I just enjoy the movies and all.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Exclamation Re: What do you plan on doing with your collection??

While this may sound odd and perhaps mockingly funny, I always had this idea that I would open a museum to myself someday. (Pause for gasps and guffaws)

Okay. I have saved a TON of stuff from a long time ago (it might even weigh 2000 pounds! ), and since I realized at a young age that I could never bring myself to part with much of it, my youthful brain thought "Hmm, what if I made a place where people could see all my things?"

Well, much time has passed, and while the idea gets more ludicrous as more time passes, I still have all this stuff. So far, it doesn't seem as if I will have a child to pass it all onto, so the question lingers: Would there be any interest in a [Bel-Cam Jos] Museum? The answer?

No, sir.

So, to answer the question truthfully, I guess I will just have to keep it until I become world famous for more than just getting three "Communication Disruption" captions selected on sw.com.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Re: What do you plan on doing with your collection??

Life is just too short for me to start thinking about stuff like this. I figure if
    I haven't grown out of this yet, then I probably wont. If anything I will start to thin out the collection so it will look like a collection, instead of a toy store. I probably will not have any kids, but I do have a 6 year old cousin that loves my stuff. So maybe I'll give it to him.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I was just saying to someone the other day, that I am starting to feel "old" but I still don't feel grown-up yet. I was wondering how old I could get before my interests started looking sad. To other people, it's pathetic enough to see someone in their 30s scouring the action figure pegs ---for themself, but how much sadder will it be when I'm in my 60s?

I figure that when I kick the bucket, my family will pick through my stuff and dump it on ebay, or whatever is around then, *****ing about how much more money they'd have gotten if dad, or grandpa hadn't been an opener and had kept his stuff MOC.

My son has already inherited all of the Marvel toys I bought in the late 80s early 90s, which are all opened now and being played with in the harshest way possible. I have not decided if he's getting my still MOC Batman the Animated Series toys or not. The other stuff, I'm not done with, such as my SW collection, so he can't have it. By the time I'm ready to surrender it, he probably won't be that interested in it, except maybe as a nostalgic thing about his dad, though I doubt he'll want an entire room's worth of the stuff.

I don't think my daughter will want any of it.

Maybe someone can sell it in the gift shop of Bel-Cam Jos's museum.

I'm having every Star Wars item that I own entombed with me so that no one else can have it. I'm not gonna bust my butt for years and years to find every rare figure so that some kid my future wife will call my son can just have it for free.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

That is a very difficult question to answer. I would really love for my kids (if I get arrount to having any) to carrry on and continue what I started. I'm not planing to sell any part of my collection and I hope that I never have to. an other alternative will be to donate it to charity if I have no kids
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

I really have no idea...just trying to play it by ear. One day I would like to have an entertainment room that stores and displays all of it but I don't want to look too much into that dream in case I ever have to part with anything for an emergency or become disinteresed in a line.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    After all is said and done, what do you plan on doing with your collection? I plan on keeping mine and passing it to my son when I die. I have no intentions of ever selling it to anyone for any reason. Not in it for the investment, if any. I just enjoy the movies and all.

Same thing as you kidhuman, pass it on to my son, I also have no intentions of selling it to anyone either. Plan to keep it in the family.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    I was just saying to someone the other day, that I am starting to feel "old" but I still don't feel grown-up yet.
    I feel the exact same way

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    To other people, it's pathetic enough to see someone in their 30s scouring the action figure pegs ---for themself, but how much sadder will it be when I'm in my 60s?

Ask the HW collectors
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I've pondered this question a few times myself and if I had kids like some of you do I'm sure the anwser would be to pass my collection along to them as well. I definitely don't see myself giving up collecting but when I die I would love for my family to divide up my collection equally amongst the friends I've made over the years who enjoy this hobby as much as I do. I figure they'll appreciate it more than anyone, that is if they're still living and collecting after I'm gone.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”