Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ashleigh simpson busted lip-syncing on SNL

anyone see ashleigh simpson get busted for lip-syncing on saturday night live last night?

it was hilarious! she came out to "sing" her second song, but instead of performing it, the vocals to the song she just sang started playing. and then she just stood there looking like an idiot. then she started dancing like she was at a drunken barn dance.....and then her band started playing along with the recorded vocals. then she walked off stage humiliated.

i always thought people actually sang on SNL. what a joke.

then she had the nerve to come back out after the show and blame her band for playing the wrong song.......instead of blaming the guy who put the wrong CD in the cd player! ......or herself for not really singing!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by derek; 10-24-2004 at 02:47 PM.

Re: ashleigh simpson busted lip-syncing on SNL

"What the duce?" -- Stewie

That's great! And she blames her band??!!!!! At least they were performing!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Good, now if they could only bust the pther goobers that do this.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    i always thought people actually sang on SNL. what a joke.
    I did too. I'm beginning to believe that most live/public performances are faked.

I'm also curious what the fallout will be from this. As bad as Milli Vanilli?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

No suprise,shame I missed it live!
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

derek, I felt the EXACT same way . . . blaming her band for playing the wrong song, that was a joke.

EP, I don't think there will be anywhere near the fallout as MV - those were still her vocals being lip-synced.

You know, people like Britney Spears and Janet Jackson always lip-sync on TV and I don't know why exactly, but my feeling is that they would defend it under the circumstance that they are doing a dance routine and can't be bothered to actually sing.

But in the case of Ashlee Simpson, all she has to do is wander to and fro, looking "all cute and punk and stuff" so there's no reason why she couldn't sing last night.

In the immortal words of Nelson Munce....

HAW HAW!!!!!!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

It was the funniest thing on the show, that I saw anyway.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

She should have ripped her shirt off and had a "wardrobe malfunction" to divert attention from the other thing.