Thread: Opinions wanted

Opinions wanted

I'm getting pretty sick of the terrbile DVD cover artwork the studios seem to love to release. Often they get rid of the really cool poster art for a new, less impressive image.
    I've decided to take matters in my own hands.
    With my rudimentary Photoshop skills, I've created my own covers for a couple of DVDs.

First is my version of The Punisher. Here is the actual DVD cover art.
    Here is mine.

The cover for Garden State is what brought this whole project on.
    Here is my uncomplete version, which I will finish since I have the actual info.

Just curious what you guys (and gals) think.
    Thanks.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Re: Opinions wanted

Very nice work Rocketboy. I think both of your covers are far superior to what the studio went with.

I'm in total agreement with you about the lack of quality coverart on many of todays DVDs. I've noticed the same decline in quality on movie posters over the years as well. It seems the majority of the artwork on both of these formats now focus more on the face's of the actors than trying to capture the essence of the film. Unfortunately the more creative styles that actually could be considered artwork are, for the most part, a thing of the past.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re: Opinions wanted

Yea, RB. Your covers sell the movie more than anything the official productions do. They have gotten really sloppy and careless which makes it seem like they don't care but do the bare minimum.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!